Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID UPDATES. DON'T READ IF U R SUPER ANXIOUS ALREADY
Not sure why but i read that also. I know many thieves were doing the mail box drive on by, and possibly that card is safer than a check? dunno.

they had my direct deposit info for ten yrs. And i received like last in NY. I read the cards go out today and next week.

Good luck.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
(05-29-2020, 02:12 PM)BeReel1010 Wrote: My grandmother still hasn’t received hers, I’ve been checking her bank daily but it never came with her SSI deposit last month or this month. I did just find out that they have also been sending them via a debit card. That’s the first I’ve heard of that, I thought was supposed to be a check but this article says otherwise... Article
It would be much easier for it to be direct deposited. The cards add another hoop to access the money. Government aren’t the most efficient. I hope she gets her money soon.
Just to clarify, my mom gets disability, she’s unable to work. She is not entitled to a stimulus check, right?
Yes, she should be getting one. If she makes less that seventy five thousand, she should get twelve hundred.

So the gvt already has her banking info. Let her check her account.

she should get one.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
(05-30-2020, 01:51 AM)Okokok Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 02:12 PM)BeReel1010 Wrote: My grandmother still hasn’t received hers, I’ve been checking her bank daily but it never came with her SSI deposit last month or this month. I did just find out that they have also been sending them via a debit card. That’s the first I’ve heard of that, I thought was supposed to be a check but this article says otherwise... Article
It would be much easier for it to be direct deposited. The cards add another hoop to access the money. Government aren’t the most efficient. I hope she gets her money soon.

That’s what I thought since her SSI is direct deposited, I figured her stimulus money would be too but it hasn’t been. But she hasn’t received anything, I try to track on their site and it doesn’t give any info. I guess looking out for the check or debit card will be last hope. I would think the cards would be even easier to steal then the check though... unless you need your SSN to activate it. But I highly doubt the govt is that smart to add that little feature. If not anyone could just take it and use it like a gift card.
~~Patience is the gateway to success~~