Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID UPDATES. TIME TO DECIDE ABOUT SPREADING COVID
It’s great to have a Covid thread in this forum Charon. Thank you for keeping us informed and aware.
2.5 million dead worldwide. And I suspect that’s undercounting.
Yet I worry how much we have normalized this plague.
At times it’s been politicized and/or ignored.
We all need to do our part to keep ourselves and others safe.
(02-23-2021, 01:00 AM)Levi517 Wrote: It’s great to have a Covid thread in this forum Charon. Thank you for keeping us informed and aware.
2.5 million dead worldwide. And I suspect that’s undercounting.
Yet I worry how much we have normalized this plague.
At times it’s been politicized and/or ignored.
We all need to do our part to keep ourselves and others safe.

Yes thank you Charon for including this info.  Everyone needs reminders because, I agree levi, I think it has almost become normalized.  In my area you can go to stores, bars, etc. and it may say on the door to wear masks but some do and many don't anymore.
My Cuomo ‘Crush’ Turned Out to Be Stockholm Syndrome
MY WORST TAKE

OPINION
Carlow Allegri/Reuters
Hindsight is 20/20, but let’s remember how scary and opaque the world was a year ago and what a relief it was to have someone who wasn’t Trump projecting competence.

Molly Jong-Fast
Editor-At-Large
Updated Mar. 03, 2021 9:53AM ET / Published Mar. 03, 2021 5:01AM ET
I’ve been wrong before. In my 42 years I’ve had the privilege of being wrong many times and since I’ve been sober since I was 19, I can’t now blame booze. Besides being wrong many times, I’ve also crushed it with some scorchingly bad hot takes, like my piece for the Beast about how Biden should drop out a few days before he won South Carolina. Spoiler alert: He’s president now so I didn’t exactly nail that one. But “Why We Are Crushing on Andrew Cuomo Right Now,” which I wrote for Vogue, may have been my worst take.

A caveat: I did not write the headline. I do not have the power to approve or write my headlines. But since three much younger women, two of them former staffers, accused New York’s governor of harassment over the last week that headline is what people online have used to dunk on me. As Aristotle said, “Live by the tweet, die by the tweet—or figure out how to auto-delete your tweets.”

And headline aside, the piece was extremely bad and not at all good. In my defense, I did note his partnership with the very sketchy IDC, “a group of supposed Democrats who helped the Republicans control the New York State Senate for many years.” I called him joyless, but I also noted “what a difference a pandemic makes” as I praised my “competent governor/imaginary boyfriend.”

NY’s 1st Dad Dished on Daughters While Creeping On Staffers
‘HE WAS TESTING ME’
Danielle Tcholakian

hxxps://www.thedailybeast.com/my-cuomo-crush-turned-out-to-be-stockholm-syndrome

JUST SAYIN: My generation learned about Stockholm syndrome when Patty Randolph Herst was abducted. No time to look up spelling of her name. But me sister and i thought: Oh Trash. But me father taught us about stockholm syndrome wherein one becomes close to, and feels at one with, their captors. it is a survival mode.

As I, too, Loved Governor Cuomo's Daily speeches for a wee bit, this is just hysterical to me that dim witted celebs whom wanted to date the loser, realized the Governor was our Captor in NY. Not our protector.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
Oh Fauci or one of them, have now admitted that the aerosol droplets can and do stay on clothing for up to 2 or 3 days.

Cuz I read so many on covid forum bemoaning how cautious they have been.

In the way early days in Westchester, healthcare workers knew this. left all clothing outside their homes when returning. showered. Eventually moved into separate dwellings.

tis possible. We know from the healthcare workers they did have to wear same PPE in US. Esp the travelling nurses.

It is not over yet. Getting close I hope. Just stay vigilant.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel