Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitcoin?
Looked back at the Bitcoin help thread from a year or so ago. I am questioning whether or not I have the technical abilities to pull off a transaction using this currency. Has it gotten easier? I would like to try as the challenge would be fun but would hate to loose the $ if I made a mistake. Any advice Friends? FF
Btc is super easy. I use coinbase to exchange but there are many others. Don't be afraid!
Thanks Xeno, had decided on coinbase. Need to watch a few You-Tube tutorials. I assume you can buy 400$ worth? would hate to see the value go to 300 by the time I spent it! A bit short on funds but hope to try fairly soon. Any other very important tips would be appreciated-FF
Yah you can typically instantly buy the bitcoin, but the bank transfer process takes a few days, so you will be unable to cash out (or swap or give away) any bitcoin until that happens. But you will be able to get the bitcoin at the current price and rate instantly.
Fish,
Do yourself a favor and ditch Coinbase. Use an exchange that won't hold funds or cancel transactions they deem 'suspicious'. Also if you're looking for privacy Coinbase is poor in that regard as well.

To get your feet wet maybe try Coinmama for purchasing the currency. They do not offer a wallet service so setup a free wallet at Blockchain. Buy the required amount of 'coin' you need for goods/transaction-- Plus 12-15 percent or so to cover Coinmama, Blockchain fees and any downward market value that may occur during the few minutes it takes to purchase then send the funds to theĀ  sellers wallet.
Thanks My Friend, still researching things and sounds like you know what you are talking about! Appreciate your advice-FF
fishfarmerLooked back at the Bitcoin help thread from a year or so ago. I am questioning whether or not I have the technical abilities to pull off a transaction using this currency. Has it gotten easier? I would like to try as the challenge would be fun but would hate to loose the $ if I made a mistake. Any advice Friends? FF

Hey fishfarmer,

I have been using an app called crypto.com which is very user friendly. The only problem they have right now is only the app works. They are still working with the government to get the crypto.com exchange approved for use in the United States. The app can teach you a lot of the basics before jumping into an exchange like Coinbase, Coinbase PRO, BinanceUS etc... Crypto.com even has their own debit card you can use for purchase and get your rewards in crypto. It might be a good place to start then it's time to do research on what you want to invest in other than Bitcoin.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Fury
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
Thanks Fury! Enjoy your day!-FF