Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe e-mail suggestions
Im hearing more and more about e-mails not being safe and all sorts of dangers with law enforcement and whatnot. I've heard that majority of providers will turn over info to authorities when requested. Does anyone have any suggestions for a e-mail provider thats like swiss bank secure?
(10-09-2015, 04:47 AM)Acmilan171 Wrote: Im hearing more and more about e-mails not being safe and all sorts of dangers with law enforcement and whatnot. I've heard that majority of providers will turn over info to authorities when requested. Does anyone have any suggestions for a e-mail provider thats like swiss bank secure?

Hello 

I have heard of a lot of people going to this;

https://protonmail.ch

It is swiss too, ironically as you said swiss bank secure.

A group of like minded people started this not too long ago.

Search it and read up on it.

They do have a waiting list but from what I read takes 2-3 weeks usually to receive invite.
100% safety is an illusion, it dosent exist.
True, 100% is an illusion, but I'll take 90% if I can get it. Thanks for the suggestion Linville, it's sucks that I have to wait but its better than just doing nothing.
There is a lot of good encryption programs out there reddit is a good source for finding these
I just signed up and Proton says, "Due to high demand, typical waiting times are A FEW WEEKS." I can get instant access if I make a donation of 17 dollars…
I recommend pgp encryption on your sensitive emails. Unfortunately most iop's are lazy bums and won't use it but a few do. What I do instead of relying on a mail system which may be hacked or forced by the govt to give up info, I use a hidden service on the dark net via tor. The govt can't log our emails they way they do if you use mail.com, gmail, hotmail, etc because its encrypted from end to end. There is normally a charge for those accounts but not very much.

Another way to go is to use a vpn or tor plus a regular email account. They can still spy on your mail but can't get your ip. Not all free email providers will work with tor but should work with a vpn. That plus pgp is reasonable privacy. That plus an untrackable payment method is just about bulletproof.
(10-11-2015, 02:48 AM)Kittycat Wrote: That price sounds reasonable. Everyone has to make a living. And they are relatively new.

great advice thanks
~DirtyGuillotine~
I am using safe-mail.net and it is pretty good, but if you have sensitive data, you should encrypt the email text with PGP.

Also i heard good things about protonmail.com .
Grandote, I'm trying to familiarize myself with more darknet services. That seems to be the safest route, the extra hassle seems worth it.