Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing bioavailability of benzo's
(01-08-2018, 01:51 PM)Rafterman Wrote:  I hope that you do eventually pick up a conditioned response to the taste because its almost like it feels like the ALP is kicking in immediately.

I'm not a psych, but for me the conditioned response and the placebo effect are pretty much the same thing. 
Which means that the effect cannot be easily dismissed away as  'just imaginary' but rather the exact opposite - that they're real and measurable.
I betcha that even personal EEG devices (Neurosky / Emotiv) would be able to track the 'relaxation response' changes on the first taste of bitterness.
Probably even quality Heart Rate Variability software would do the same.
But to what end, I wonder?  Those kind of n=1 experiments are purely for fun and self-satisfaction Big Grin not for anyone else's sake. 
If your personal experience is that "its almost feels like the ALP is kicking in immediately", then that, as they say, is that.

It gets deliciously spooky when we start wondering how early these physical meds do actually 'start working'.
I reckon it would be before registering the bitter taste.
Probably even before the anticipation of the bitterness. 
Possibly even in  that second and a half before we become conscious that some part of ourselves has made the decision to take the med.
But uh-oh, yes, now we're wandering into spooky territory indeed.
Back in the real world, Big Grin , all I want is for the work day to be over, so that I can crush my first 1mg and get all bitter-taste-scrunchy-faced.

R.
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing bioavailability of benzo's - by Richardg8092 - 01-08-2018, 10:40 PM