Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generic Ventolin Inhalers
(06-20-2016, 10:39 PM)iseii Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 10:30 PM)MUSEical Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 01:39 AM)iseii Wrote: Ttm sells albuterol in pill form

Do you have and experience with the pill form? Or anyone else for that matter? I guess I've just always understood asthma to be treated directly through the airways and am curious how effective the pill form actually is.

I've never tried it, but I believe it works by dilating blood vessels in the lungs. I would assume that inhalers are just more convenient or work quicker than pill form.

Makes sense. Pill form is probably for a long term approach to treatment whereas inhalers work better in the short term. Thanks for the reply.
Glad I can help

Do you have and experience with the pill form? Or anyone else for that matter? I guess I've just always understood asthma to be treated directly through the airways and am curious how effective the pill form actually is.
I would say the side effects like jitters, etc. would be more intense as the pill form travels systematically while the inhaler goes to lungs only. Also, the pill would take longer to work. I only use albuterol when I have symptoms. I would suffer significantly waiting for a pill to kick in. It can be twice a week to once a month I have asthma attacks. I think the pill is for people with more severe asthma who neeed the med in their system at all times. 

Just my hypothesis there.
(06-22-2016, 05:40 PM)LilRaquel Wrote:

I would say the side effects like jitters, etc. would be more intense as the pill form travels systematically while the inhaler goes to lungs only. Also, the pill would take longer to work. I only use albuterol when I have symptoms. I would suffer significantly waiting for a pill to kick in. It can be twice a week to once a month I have asthma attacks. I think the pill is for people with more severe asthma who neeed the med in their system at all times. 

Just my hypothesis there.

Gotcha. I seem to have some exercise and allergy induced asthma and have been looking into getting an inhaler for those situations. From what you've said, pill form wouldn't really benefit me. Thanks for the info.
My roommate is looking for a more affordable way to treat his asthma, so I'm just looking. Wanted to say that I feel bad that the government is using the planets health to make it harder to treat yours. They sure know how to choose their battles.
Big pharma has a lot of money to lobby so most governments turn a blind eye while citizens struggle to afford the medication they need. It's sickening, really.
Just saw on ppe2u that they have albuterol inhalers in stock for $19. Hope this helps!
(06-24-2016, 08:26 PM)iseii Wrote: Just saw on ppe2u that they have albuterol inhalers in stock for $19. Hope this helps!

Oh that's really great news! Thanks for the tip. That would save me a LOT of money every month
(06-29-2016, 02:48 PM)Kid A Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 08:26 PM)iseii Wrote: Just saw on ppe2u that they have albuterol inhalers in stock for $19. Hope this helps!

Oh that's really great news! Thanks for the tip. That would save me a LOT of money every month

I just put in an order for one with Doc! I'll let ya know how it turns out.
Thanks, MUSE. Smile