Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower back pain - recommendations
Years and Years ago LOL they gave Val's for muscle spasms as it's hypnotic effect also relaxes muscles.
Sometimes that's true with me too. I also have tried acupuncture and as weird as it was, it really worked!!
My crappy insurance won't cover until deduct. is met. The place I used to go to was a Chinese school
of acupuncture and these students were in their 3rd year when they get to start interning. It was lower cost but it
was so far from my house and they recommend every week. I did make the trip for about 8 weeks and I was
completely pain free but it lasts about 9 months sometimes a year and I never went back. It was reasonable tho
@40 visit.
 Angels Among US      Angel
Hi everybody, I've been living with Sciatica for over 20 yrs. As a matter of fact, that's how i got introduced to the Perculaators :0) At first, it was Percs & Flexeril which i absolutely loved. But then it changed to Vics & Flexerils. However, my doc won't let me take the Flexerils for more than 2 weeks. He always switch me over to Valium for a muscle relaxer. It just doesn't do the job. i always complain then he gives me Baclofen which isn't any better. Best meds foe severe lower back pain is percs or vics es and flexeril.
(10-16-2017, 02:12 AM)Moscatodiva Wrote: Hi everybody, I've been living with Sciatica for over 20 yrs. As a matter of fact, that's how i got introduced to the Perculaators :0) At first, it was Percs & Flexeril which i absolutely loved. But then it changed to Vics & Flexerils. However, my doc won't let me take the Flexerils for more than 2 weeks. He always switch me over to Valium for a muscle relaxer. It just doesn't do the job. i always complain then he gives me Baclofen which isn't any better. Best meds foe severe lower back pain is percs or vics es and flexeril.

Your're right about that medication combo.  It must have been the NORM years ago.  I suffer too, in addition to low back, sciatica on and off.  OMG is it the WORSE or WHAT?  And nothing, but the COMBO,make it better.
ONe time over 20 yrs ago, I wanted an appt w/ new doctor, as we had gotten new insurance for a sciatica flareup. Well of course they couldn't get me in for weeks and when I spoke with the nurse she said "i can call you in something for pain in the meantime"  I gave pharmacy number and I couldn't believe my good fortune when I went to pick up the script it was VIC and Flexeril.  WITHOUT ever seeing me, they called those two medications in.  
That would NEVER happen nowadays! Shortly after that, computers became somewhat affordable and that's when I  found the wonderful world of internet Pharms.  The good ol days, when you ordered crafts you would get them the next day!
 Angels Among US      Angel
My husband suffers from chronic lower (localized) back pain. Percocet seems to work for him even though it’s temporary relief. It’s a very sharp tightness he feels. Some days are better than others, and when it’s unberable he takes it as needed. I hope this helps.
(10-02-2016, 12:59 PM)EL085 Wrote: Good to hear about risk of seizures. I used to be prescribed trams and they would keep me awake all night! I was considering trying them again but I wouldn't want to get any bad results like a seizure. Sometimes I forget if I have already taken my meds so I wouldn't want any accidents. I swear by my codeines though. Couple years back I was prescribed percocets and those were wonderful but very hard to get long term prescriptions where I live.

Same here... percs are the best but are hard to get long term perscription for. Hopefully I can find a solid vendor soon as im running low. I wake up with constant back pain and then once I’m warmed up I’m good to go and then after work on some occasions it’s unbearable. But so it goes like that throughout the week. Trying to stretch my current supply.
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
I'm looking through this thread in order to make sense of my own shoulder pain. I've never believed in chiropractors for some reason. Maybe I'll give that a shot. I too am running low on medicine. I just joined today. Thanks for the info!
a new mattress could alleviate the pain from the back pain! i hurt my back recently and switched to a temperdic (firmer + molds your body) - which helps me not rely on meds to sleep every night
Depending what is causing the pain some muscle relaxants or Benz&s might help. They clearly do not work directly on pain receptors, but can either relax your back or you, and some of your pain might be coming from tension.

I have found nitr&az helps my chronic pain, well not the pain but I forget about it more, and one of the problems of chronic pain is you focus on it, if you can get your mind away from the pain half the battle is won, but this is particularly difficult late at nights on your own. But be very careful over your usage. And I definitely echo what Charon has said, I am giving you some personal experience from chronic pain, but I am not a medic and I would definitely advise consulting doc, even if at the end they cannot or will not give you the meds you believe you need.

Do a lot of research first, particularly around side effects and addiction, you don't want to replace one problem with another (I've done this several times so know a bit about this!)
(02-26-2018, 07:24 AM)Thanks wolverine719 Wrote: a new mattress could alleviate the pain from the back pain! i hurt my back recently and switched to a temperdic (firmer + molds your body) - which helps me not rely on meds to sleep every night

Yeah I spent $8000 on a new king mattress and has the moving parts and message modes every time I look at that thing I want to burn it!!! Lol.
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
(02-26-2018, 03:30 PM)Xfizzler Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 07:24 AM)Thanks wolverine719 Wrote: a new mattress could alleviate the pain from the back pain! i hurt my back recently and switched to a temperdic (firmer + molds your body) - which helps me not rely on meds to sleep every night

Yeah I spent $8000 on a new king mattress and has the moving parts and message modes every time I look at that thing I want to burn it!!! Lol.

Tongue the less technology the better. stick with something therapeutic or soft!