Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower back pain - recommendations
Good mattress!!
Helped me overcome herniated disc pain. I can't believe the difference it made.
On my old mattress, I couldn't tie my own shoes some days. But within a week I was pretty much back to normal.
If my back flares up, I find di@zep@m and s@m@ together in a low to medium dose help greatly.
With mattresses, you get what you pay for!
I agree with the mattress comment! My worst pain is in the morning after sleeping, or at the end of the day after work. We looked at memory foam mattresses, and ended up buying a Leesa brand mattress. Major improvement over our traditional mattress.
Yes, a good firm mattress helps. Our old memory foam........ remembers too much! Even when I sleep on a firm cot, while camping, I don't seem to have any pain when I wake up. Time to go shopping.
I have some lower back pain. But I have a facet joint in my thoracic that is arthritic. Tram is a lifesaver. I had a cortisone injection that was an extremely painful procedure. I literally watched the needle go into my spine on the screen in front of me. It seemed to help for a bit but it only helps for maybe 6 to 8 months. Lost my insurance so now I'm on my own.
The pain was so overwhelming. I began to sweat very heavily and was thriving in pain. They thought I was crying haha. They asked if I needed tissue. I told them no I just need to know when we're going to be done. The doctor must've poked me 3 or 4 times too. I had to ask how much more. They couldn't give me anything for the pain during the procedure due to some other health issues. So yeah it was fun. Haha.
ohhhh...and one other thing...check out the random orbital car polisher! It works great to break up the tension and stiffness - I heard about this from a friend and looked it up on youtube...its a pretty established tool...I got a small hand ryobi polisher with the fuzzy polishing bonnet on it...and man it feels good when things are really tight
- Rust never sleeps
Some great suggestions. Thank! anybody recommend a specific mattress that they've had good luck with?
Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well. - Mark Twain
Leesa memory foam mattress was an improvement for me, over our old standard Serta. Others though have stated that memory foam was too soft for them, which I can definitely understand.
(10-15-2016, 12:00 AM)EL085 Wrote: Is A tens machine the same thing as an empi machine? The ones with the little stickers and it sends electric pulses? I have one and it's amazing for muscle tension and pain.

I believe your thinking of a stem machine. You can use it through acupuncture with a dr of course and I have one that has a couple sticky pads you put where the pain/tense part is and the electric impulses 'wear the muscle out' so to speak. They work great until you get tight again. Which for me is within 24hrs or treatment
(09-08-2017, 08:36 PM)UserTaken1 Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 12:00 AM)EL085 Wrote: Is A tens machine the same thing as an empi machine? The ones with the little stickers and it sends electric pulses? I have one and it's amazing for muscle tension and pain.

I believe your thinking of a stem machine. You can use it through acupuncture with a dr of course and I have one that has a couple sticky pads you put where the pain/tense part is and the electric impulses 'wear the muscle out' so to speak. They work great until you get tight again. Which for me is within 24hrs or treatment

Sorry guys.. not a real newbie.  Used to be on the old page and migrated here when it started but life got crazy.  I have had my situations manageable for a while and I seem to have lost all status.  Glad to see a lot of the same people still here....

I had a four car accident 25+ years ago.  They had to use jaws of life to get me out.  I was damn lucky I am alive and my situation is not worse.  There are days I cannot get out of bed.  My heating pad is my best friend some days.  I have been around the world and back with meds, chiro, massage, tens, cold laser therapy, etc.... Most days, good old school vals do the trick, believe it or not.  I also suffer from migraines and the stilpane I get works wonders for my back as well.