Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vicodin/Percs?
I got ZERO pain meds (antibiotic only) when I got my tooth pulled not long ago.. but I've had worse pain. Sad that people have screwed it up for all the people that actually need the relief.
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
I had the only option to be knocked out when having some bad teeth removed a while back,mouth was sore as hell for a week or 2,couldn't eat solids,was flatly refused any decent pk,all i was offered was you guessed it...ibuprofen,the wonder med.

That stuff has caused me along with an AD to suffer bad stomach and bowel problems,my gp telling me to take ibuprofen as soon as I woke up,makes me feel sick now if I do take it straight after awakining,I take ibuprofen as little as I can,the AD i am currently being tapered off by my doc,its caused me quite a few bad reactions,they seem happy to prescribe this type of thing which is causing bad side effects but a pk that we kind of know the score with and does not cause me any bad side effects is now strictly verboten.

Something is seriously messed up.
I have a couple teeth pulled that had been capped. The first dentist gave me 8 PKs. and antibiotics.

When I went to another dentist last month, I got no options. I got a shot of novacaine. No PKs and no antibiotics afterward.

Did not even offer a script for ibuprophen.

So, u found out why u have been so ill, Tommy. That is a big start.

Hoping u r on way to recovery.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

NY is fast becoming the hardest state to receive adequate medical treatment in. A law had passed in last six months that ER patients cannot be given PKs in any way, shape or form.

My houseshare went in ER and was admitted. Then he got some PK post serious surgery.

These doctors and dentists don't want to lose their licenses. They are not in charge. The compassionate doctors, well they wind up having to retire.

They simply do not care about many of us in this world. And, of course, medicare does not pay for dental. I paid cash, so he obviously never gives patients any pain killers at all.

Its a very new and inhospitable world. But, i was raised Irish to buck up and take the pain. Sometimes, one cannot buck up enough.

This is why we are so secretive about vendors. Life has gotten really difficult in real world. And, online. Good luck.

Targeting a guy maybe ready to retire,probably a decent guy who has helped provide care all his working life,nice work Mr D e A ,its becoming a whole new world of meanness out there,hold on tight folks it may be a rocky ride.
right or wrong, with it being sold by the media on almost a daily basis that the US has a PK opioid abuse epidemic, I fear that it will only continue to get worse.
Actually, big pharma is only prescribing a select few meds to cover all ur illnesses. They want one to take an anti depressant for pain. They are pushing a horrifically dangerous medicine, humira, for RA, for which it was intended, but also for skin issues, chrons disease, and anything they can think of.

Doctors are still being prosecuted for writing PK or benzo scripts throughout USA. But i bet any members of the prosecution team will surely want appropriate treatment when they develop the autoimmune diseases or cancer.

It is cuz so many are, without warning, being cut off the benzo and or the PK that doctors prescribed even four months ago, that these people are turning to wacko anti psychotic drugs. Those can be prescribed. Might make u nuts, but hey, doctors only take an oath to do no harm. sighs.

And, they are turning to meds of others, or what they can get on the corner.

This is a brutal time. It keeps getting worse.

But, if u have read pretty much every post and email and PM that i have over almost a quarter of a century, u would see that so many are having formerly legit meds just cut down on them.

We, the chronically ill, are deemed problematic to society. So, no one cares if we face pain daily. People are being forced to go thru the end stages of cancer with ibuprophen now. That is cruel and shows indifference to the needs of patients.

The new doctors coming out of medical school are being trained that all we want is PK and benzo. Watch out for little old sick people.

Its barbaric and seems to be getting worse daily.

I agree we live in brutal times Charon . The new medicine focus on how doctors should keep patients with chronic pain cut their medicines. It is cost effective, especially in government funded health systems. The witch hunting in US goes on influencing health systems all around the world. Even patients with metastatic cancer are forced to stop pks so that their doctor is practicing safe from losing their medical license medicine. But the big pharmas still make billions by introducing pks to third world countries. When they lost money from one market you go for many other markets.They also invent new more powerful pks . Pharma companies designed more and more powerful opioids. We have reached a potency up to a hundred times stronger than morph. Fent is contaminating every thing these days. From cancer patients to street and web H cut or replaced by all Fent forms. When they say most people die from prescription pills they probably mean die from Fent pills. The most serious issue with pks is how to stay on the safe side something impossible I am afraid.
Haven't been here in a while but lots of good posts to read. I have a PM doctor but don't get enough. A lot of sy vendors are jacking up their prices now or sending out fake m3ds. I recently oordered from a vendor and the package got stolen and now the vendor won't replace the package at all.  Ugh smh
(07-31-2017, 11:58 PM)Charon Wrote: Actually, big pharma is only prescribing a select few meds to cover all ur illnesses.  They want one to take an anti depressant for pain.  They are pushing a horrifically dangerous medicine, humira, for RA, for which it was intended, but also for skin issues, chrons disease, and anything they can think of.

Doctors are still being prosecuted for writing PK or benzo scripts throughout USA.   But i bet any members of the prosecution team will surely want appropriate treatment when they develop the autoimmune diseases or cancer.

It is cuz so many are, without warning, being cut off the benzo and or the PK that doctors prescribed even four months ago, that these people are turning to wacko anti psychotic drugs.  Those can be prescribed.  Might make u nuts, but hey, doctors only take an oath to do no harm.  sighs.

And, they are turning to meds of others, or what they can get on the corner.

This is a brutal time.  It keeps getting worse.  

But, if u have read pretty much every post and email and PM that i have over almost a quarter of a century, u would see that so many are having formerly legit meds just cut down on them.

We, the chronically ill, are deemed problematic to society.  So, no one cares if we face pain daily.  People are being forced to go thru the end stages of cancer with ibuprophen now.  That is cruel and shows indifference to the needs of patients.

The new doctors coming out of medical school are being trained that all we want is PK and benzo.  Watch out for little old sick people.

Its barbaric and seems to be getting worse daily.
Hey Charon you are right on the money as usual.

The main reason I came back ti IOP's is because a good doc a had worked with me throughout the years to determine the best medication regiment for me and dosages. Go in for my regular 30 day visit and he tells me he has to take me off the benzo I was on as his license was threatened not for PK's but benzo's.

I have a friend who had head on collision back in 1994 and they basically had to reconstruct his back using parts from a donner spine that they somehow grafted into his back so he can at least walk. He has been on all kind of meds as you can imagine since then PK's the least of them but now his long time doc is telling him that the PK's got to go and he is cutting him back 10 pills a month til they can get him to the point of just getting him on 800mg Ibuprofen and no narcotics. Hell even with the pain meds this guy is on I still see him suffer daily.

Sure not like I remember in the old days when we had ROP's, NROP's etc...

They sure seem to be tightening the noose

Peace All and good luck we all gonna need it

Fury
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"