Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelf life
Anyone know the shelf life of percocet?
(04-15-2017, 01:35 PM)Ladybug Wrote: Anyone know the shelf life of percocet?

Howdy my friend Smile

I don't know the shelf life of perc's, but yrs. ago I came across some 4 yr. old hydro's I forgot I had. Thought they would have gone to the big pharm in the sky, but they were still very good. I would imagine perc's at least that old would still have a kick. I guess it could also depend on how they were stored.
Only one way to find out Big Grin

Good luck, other Ms. Bug. Us bugs gotta to stick together Ha Ha!

Cricket
(04-15-2017, 05:58 PM)Cricket Wrote:
(04-15-2017, 01:35 PM)Ladybug Wrote: Anyone know the shelf life of percocet?

Howdy my friend  Smile

I don't know the shelf life of perc's, but yrs. ago I came across some 4 yr. old hydro's I forgot I had. Thought they would have gone to the big pharm in the sky, but they were still very good. I would imagine perc's at least that old would still have a kick. I guess it could also depend on how they were stored.
Only one way to find out  Big Grin

Good luck, other Ms. Bug. Us bugs gotta to stick together Ha Ha!

Cricket
Oh, yes, just thought of that, now we are related Big Grin  So glad to have you in my tree Blush  Wow, we are on a roll. Wink
General rule of thumb is to store meds in a cool, dry place out of direct light.

This strategy should retain the potency of most meds wayyy beyond their stated expiration dates.
(04-17-2017, 08:16 PM)Lechter Wrote: General rule of thumb is to store meds in a cool, dry place out of direct light.  

This strategy should retain the potency of most meds wayyy beyond their stated expiration dates.

I just thought of something that might be helpful, I use lots of vitamins and they come with those little packs in it to keep it fresh, I bet that would work.  Has anyone done that.?
If stored in the ideal conditions in airless sealed bags the live for 1/2 the time from production to expiration date . So if for example they were manufactured in 2012 with exp date in 2017 they will be 1/2 active by the end of 2019. They also seem to be sensitive to temp above 30 C >86 Fahrenheit. Hot and humid conditions can destroy them before their actual exp date.
That's good to know. I cam across some from 2010. Guessing there just about useless now.
Not completely mr Big. If well preserved they still got an action , So no one should think of getting all old pk at once , there are no rules and no one can predict what happen when you get old pks.
Good to know. It was only a handful left from an old script in the back of the cabinet. Must forgot they were there. I'll save em for day when I need em. I'll try those first before I go to the stuff I know will work.