Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I am new!
I'm just saying a big "HELLO!" to everyone, because I am a new member! Also, I want to be honest and say that I am SCARED TO DEATH!  Cry  I'm afraid I'm going to do or say the wrong thing, so if I do, please warn me right off the bat, because I do not want to be one of those types of members!  Sick   

I am not even sure I am posting this in the right place! Well, I've been up all night with insomnia, so...that's part of it! Another part is I am not used to the forum yet.   Blush

Hello to everyone and I hope you're all having a great weekend! And thank you for having me here!  Heart  If I posted in the wrong place, feel free to move it, delete it, whatever you need to do!  Smile

Abigail 

Hello, abigail. Fear not. If I have banned you at other forums that I have run, or you start out by just breaking any ole rules, then, in that event, maybe one should be concerned.

But, You sound sweet. So willing to do the right thing. Promise we go easier on those whom make simple mistakes.

We all mistakes. Even to this day.

The rules, in case: http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=1

We have many many people here with severe insomnia. We understand.

But, no one here wants to frighten people into not posting. We do protect you until u know better. And, we protect vendors and members and this forum.

I think you are doing just fine.

The first post at a new forum is the hardest.

I can guarantee you that I am not as angry at newer members as I was at say other forums I ran. Some people come on to wreak havoc.

I don't get that feeling from you at all.

Welcome to the family. May u find all u need. When u achieve fifty posts, you will access all areas of forum.

But, you can find aids to help u sleep immediately.

Good luck. Looking forward to your posts.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(11-05-2016, 06:29 PM)Abigail Wrote: I'm just saying a big "HELLO!" to everyone, because I am a new member! Also, I want to be honest and say that I am SCARED TO DEATH!  Cry  I'm afraid I'm going to do or say the wrong thing, so if I do, please warn me right off the bat, because I do not want to be one of those types of members!  Sick   

I am not even sure I am posting this in the right place! Well, I've been up all night with insomnia, so...that's part of it! Another part is I am not used to the forum yet.   Blush

Hello to everyone and I hope you're all having a great weekend! And thank you for having me here!  Heart  If I posted in the wrong place, feel free to move it, delete it, whatever you need to do!  Smile

Abigail 

Hello there Abigail .

Do not be worried or fearful.
Those two things are awful .....

I do not think, as Charon says, you need to be concerned with that from what you have posted.

Enjoy the warmth of the members here.  Heart

Very good people.......that understand troubles and have much empathy for others.

....relax and oh this is the perfect spot to post a hello.  Cool  

If you have a question just ask somewhere In a  thread or here.......but main thing is to remember not to be afraid or worry being on this special place.

You are doing just fine.  Smile

~ ~ 

Oh, BTW Abigail .....I like your Avatar.    Big Grin
Big Grin 
Thank you SO much Charon, jwiedenfeld and Linville for your very kind words. Heart You made me feel welcome and less afraid. Shy

I agree jwiedenfeld, less is often definitely better than more. Rolleyes    

Thank you Linville re: my Avatar! I love cats, I love to read and I love this artist's work, so I decided to use this Avatar. Smile

Charon, being an admin can be so frustrating! My blood pressure would be through the roof if I adminned on a forum. If I ever do something wrong, please tell me right away! And if that also means moving my posts or REMOVING my posts, PLEASE DO SO! I want what is best for the forum which of course means all of the members here.   Heart

Thanks to you all for your very kind replies!  Smile

Time for me to do some more searching and reading and reading and searching!  Now, to find my magnifying glass, pipe (even though I don't smoke, it does make Basil Rathbone look SO distinguished) cap and cape.  Cool

[Image: 525x600]

Abigail  Heart
Welcome Abigale ... Just by reading your intro, let me say I think you have come to the right place .. We can usually tell when someone isn't talking from the heart and you sound perfect for our family here ...

If you are ever in need, please just ask ... There are folks here with an abundance of knowlege and are most glad to help those that really need it ...

So sit back ... Breathe a bit and join on in ... I'm sure you'll find this place to your liking ...

Oh yeah ... In the "Lounge section" we have a place called "Ye Ole Cafe" ... It's a thread where everyone goes (anytime of day) just to shoot the ..... Breeze Smile The door is always open and there's a chair waiting for ya ....

Again .. Welcome to our family ...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Welcome Abigail....Smile
Hi Abigail! Welcome and I just dropped in to see what condition I'm in!
Just another phrase I've stolen from the Big Lebowski!
Peace all! Mucho love to you all! Heading to the ca mex border next week!
Blm there is $180 for 6 months and the rest of the year add $75! I think Spanky is going to meet me down there!
The Dude!
Hi Abigail! Welcome! Happy to see the warm welcome you got as I felt the same way when I joined here but Charon is awesome and was so helpful to get me going here. Also the members have been super helpful, nice and welcoming. I hope you like it here as much as I do and you get all you need soon. I look forward to seeing you around!!

xo.
Abigail! Abigail! Abigail!

You sound so much like me when I first posted. I had never joined a forum before and had to overcome fearful paralysis to make my fingers function on the keyboard.

As you can see by the welcome you've received, we were waiting for you and are so glad you made it.

Whatever/whenever you are going through some rough times, there are members of our family who have walked in those shoes and will wrap their words of wisdom and empathy around you. And when you are enjoying life to the fullest, we would be honored to share it with you.

Just know......you are safe and free from judgement here.

So WELCOME!!

Junia

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Photo 
You're all so nice! Thank you so much for the warm welcome! It is so appreciated. And a thank you on this Veteran's Day to all who served!  Heart

Junia, yes! The "fearful paralysis to make your fingers function on the keyboard"! You said that so perfectly!  I've always had social anxiety. But in school growing up, everyone said I was a "social person" and a "leader." Go figure?  Confused  I think I'm what they call a "sociable introvert"!

I've always wanted to be like my mother. When she gets depressed or upset about something, she cleans! At least she's accomplishing something, whereas I can remember even as a very, very young little girl, before Kindergarten even, whenever I was very upset? It "paralyzed" me! All I could do was go lay on my bed, face down, clutch my pillow with both arms around it, and "kick" one leg up and down, up and down. Depending on which side I was facing! Oh, there's a process to it all!  Rolleyes

My sister and I inherited depression and anxiety from both sides of my family. Isn't that a lovely combination?  Cry And we're still the same! But we have overcome a lot of it. People just don't realize it because they can't see what we were feeling (and still are). 

If I'm really upset? I need to be alone and I still kick my leg up and down while on my bed! What a sight that must be! And it accomplishes nothing - I get no clean house out of it, no organized closets, nothing! Just a mangled pillow!  Undecided  I have met people who did and do the same. One was one of my best friends. She was valedictorian in High School. She has enough degrees to be a doctor now. She does lab type work. And she still kicks her leg in bed when she's upset! So, one never knows! 

I look around at people and study them in stores, etc. and think "I wish I could be like that person. Totally clueless to my surroundings, like that woman over there...only thinking about the can of soup in her hand and what it says on the label." But you know, I know a LOT of people who are on the very verge of leaving their cart and running out of the store. But you'd never know it by looking at them. So, someone else could be looking at me thinking the exact same thing: "I wish I could be like her. Clueless, walking around in a daze, unaware of her surroundings" not realizing I have what they are wearing imprinted on my mind, from their earrings down to the color of their shoes!  Cool

I sometimes think "Gosh, what will I do when I'm very elderly and can't manage this? Time for more Calcium for stronger bones!"! Or 'I'll be the one in the nursing home, rocking back and forth, only I won't be in a rocking chair!"  Rolleyes

Hey! There's an idea! I could get myself a rocking chair! I never thought of that! My sister and I always LOVED to swing as kids. As we got older, we realized that one of the reasons was that the movement helped our anxiety. We never got sick, and never got tired of it. We could swing for hours. I recently told my sister that I'm going to have a swing-set installed in the backyard, and then I can swing at night when nobody can see me.  Blush  

You know what? I'll swing when I want to! Who cares if anyone sees me?  Tongue  I'll have to look for a nice rocking chair, too.  I like this one! 

[Image: Rocker_Mid_Century_SQ]

Thanks again for all of your kind words and your support!  Heart

Abigail