Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New study into possible treatment
I posted this article in the chronic pain section but I think it’s relevant to this discussion, too. I came across this article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes...y.amp.html
Basically, the woman in the story hasn’t felt pain OR anxiety ever in her life due to a genetic mutation. It sounds like some research is being done to develop treatments for pain and anxiety based on these findings. How wonderful it would be to not feel either of these things. Personally, I’ve felt enough for 10 lifetimes. Fingers crossed that they come up with something soon.
Hmm it’s hard to think about for me. Idk if I’d want to be numb to it completely. Then again idk! Suffering is no fun!
I’m speechless. If I had not read that I would of found it hard to believe she made it this far in her life okay. I would of thought pain was necessary for preservation of one’s life but clearly not.
Wow
Impressive
I don’t know how I feel about it
So many questions
Many questions

That is AMAIZING…. It would be good if they can use it. But wow. How is it not working against her I’m not sure. Wonderful it isn’t though.
Amazing.. what an incredible thing.

Thankyou for sharing