Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ moving toward legalisation
A friend in Jersey just got his card today. He suffers from PTSD. I think he also would have qualified because he has a seizure disorder. His patient registry app fee was $200 and his card is good for 2 years. They say that you must have a relatively longstanding relationship with the doctor who puts you up for qualification, but he did not. He had seen him one time before, for problems that didn't relate to one of his qualifying issues.
NJ Governor Murphy announced on Friday that he wants full legalization by the end of the year. He originally said that he would get it done in the first 100 days of his tenure. At least he is still being vigilant about it. Many NJ townships have let it be known that they will never allow MM within their borders, while many have announced that they welcome it. In fact, the 2nd biggest city in NJ, Jersey City, is out in front in welcoming legalization.
Yeah it's getting crazy here Rafterman. My town is one of those that has made it clear they will not stand for it. Of course, since I'm really interested in non-thc strains and oils for pain and sleep. Mostly for pain. Personally I don't like the effects of MJ, at least not the stuff that we had 20 years ago. That said I have a friend a few towns over and he also has his card. For now, the closest dispensary is almost an hours drive, but better than not having it I suppose.
I'll be making an appointment with a doc soon and discussing the uses for pain, that's my major concern. As far as a town deciding MMJ is still illegal, it seems to me that appealing to the state level would over ride this, no? Either way once I do get it, they can have my card when they pry it from my cold dead fingers lol
(04-21-2018, 08:08 PM)Denman66 Wrote: Yeah it's getting crazy here Rafterman. My town is one of those that has made it clear they will not stand for it. Of course, since I'm really interested in non-thc strains and oils for pain and sleep. Mostly for pain. Personally I don't like the effects of MJ, at least not the stuff that we had 20 years ago. That said I have a friend a few towns over and he also has his card. For now, the closest dispensary is almost an hours drive, but better than not having it I suppose.
I'll be making an appointment with a doc soon and discussing the uses for pain, that's my major concern. As far as a town deciding MMJ is still illegal, it seems to me that appealing to the state level would over ride this, no? Either way once I do get it, they can have my card when they pry it from my cold dead fingers lol
Since you're not into thc, you do realize that cbd products are federally legal for purchase and resale right? Look into it. There are some awesome sites out there. No med cannabis card necessary
"Man is a universe within himself" Bob Marley
New Jersey will have a referendum this November 2020 on the question of recreational use of MJ for persons over 21. 
The state needs the $$ and it will likely pass. Bringing this thing to life with dispensaries, regulations, taxation and control is going to
keep this from happening very quickly.
Being kind to others costs nothing and enriches your life, 
never forget how you felt when someone was once cruel to you,
we all have felt unloved at one time or another we should never want another to feel that way. Smile
We are recreational.
"Man is a universe within himself" Bob Marley
I'm not much of a MM guy at all , but it'll be a while until a regular citizen can walk into a dispensary and purchase. Mass is really the only state. Maine went legal 6 years ago and residents still have to have a card and a license from maine.