Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia
(05-19-2017, 06:26 PM)Mrchuckey12 Wrote: And likewise, I consider @Charon a friend too. She's been nothing short of amazing at running this place and helping people out, including myself.

And yes, I'm still around. Inbox me if you're interested Smile
I can't wait to reach my 50 so I can PM you Mrchuckey.......never thought I would want to reach 50 in my  life!!!!!
 Angels Among US      Angel
I would call this DR a direct "source" but different doctors have different ways of practicing medicine. Some tell you to exercise more and eat more vegetables, others though believe in the advances of modern medicine and trust in them. One of those advances being pharmaceuticals. The doc I am going to mention believes heavily in the treatment of ailments via pharma. Make no mistake this is no pill mill; but if you go in and are very honest with your symptoms, tell them what you have been prescribed in the past and what has worked for you they will help. It will probably be a smaller dosage than you are needing at first but through the process you will get what you need. As well since it is no longer my GP I feel ok with my safety in trusting you guys to do the right thing. The doctor is Family Practice Center PC in Atlanta, Ga. They are a very good group of doctors and you will more than likely find a home here.
Thank you, TruckKing! Sorry I just saw this. I’m not sure how I missed it. I’m still seeing the same doctor as before, still the same problems, I just need to get my act together and change doctors. I just get so busy and before I know it, my next appointment is coming up and I need to refill my prescription. So, it’s just better planning on my part I guess! I will check out your recommendation and look them up online to see how far they are from me. Thanks again, hope you have a nice day!

(10-15-2017, 04:22 AM)TruckKing1268 Wrote: I would call this DR a direct "source" but different doctors have different ways of practicing medicine. Some tell you to exercise more and eat more vegetables, others though believe in the advances of modern medicine and trust in them. One of those  advances being pharmaceuticals. The doc I am going to mention believes heavily in the treatment of ailments via pharma. Make no mistake this is no pill mill; but if you go in and are very honest with your symptoms, tell them what you have been prescribed in the past and what has worked for you they will help. It will probably be a smaller dosage than you are needing at first but through the process you will get what you need. As well since it is no longer my GP I feel ok with my safety in trusting you guys to do the right thing. The doctor is Family Practice Center PC in Atlanta, Ga. They are a very good group of doctors and you will more than likely find a home here.
I should have noticed, but this is a primary care, which I can still consider for primary needs since I don’t have a PC doctor, but my current problem is with a psychiatrist for anxiety and depression, etc. I do have nerve pain a lot too so, a PC doc would be beneficial. I really don’t like to go to doctors, but I need to take care of myself better. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond, it is appreciated!

(01-14-2018, 03:02 PM)ComeDayGoDay Wrote: Thank you, TruckKing! Sorry I just saw this. I’m not sure how I missed it. I’m still seeing the same doctor as before, still the same problems, I just need to get my act together and change doctors. I just get so busy and before I know it, my next appointment is coming up and I need to refill my prescription. So, it’s just better planning on my part I guess! I will check out your recommendation and look them up online to see how far they are from me. Thanks again, hope you have a nice day!

(10-15-2017, 04:22 AM)TruckKing1268 Wrote: I would call this DR a direct "source" but different doctors have different ways of practicing medicine. Some tell you to exercise more and eat more vegetables, others though believe in the advances of modern medicine and trust in them. One of those  advances being pharmaceuticals. The doc I am going to mention believes heavily in the treatment of ailments via pharma. Make no mistake this is no pill mill; but if you go in and are very honest with your symptoms, tell them what you have been prescribed in the past and what has worked for you they will help. It will probably be a smaller dosage than you are needing at first but through the process you will get what you need. As well since it is no longer my GP I feel ok with my safety in trusting you guys to do the right thing. The doctor is Family Practice Center PC in Atlanta, Ga. They are a very good group of doctors and you will more than likely find a home here.
I should have noticed, but this is a primary care, which I can still consider for primary needs since I don’t have a PC doctor, but my current problem is with a psychiatrist for anxiety and depression, etc. I do have nerve pain a lot too so, a PC doc would be beneficial. I really don’t like to go to doctors, but I need to take care of myself better. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond, it is appreciated!

I have not been in sometime but they alway were able to meet my needs for anxiety, depression and a multitude of other issues during my time. I would give them a try. They do their best to be full service and have PAs with a variety of backgrounds.
(01-18-2018, 08:43 PM)TruckKing1268 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 03:02 PM)ComeDayGoDay Wrote: Thank you, TruckKing! Sorry I just saw this. I’m not sure how I missed it. I’m still seeing the same doctor as before, still the same problems, I just need to get my act together and change doctors. I just get so busy and before I know it, my next appointment is coming up and I need to refill my prescription. So, it’s just better planning on my part I guess! I will check out your recommendation and look them up online to see how far they are from me. Thanks again, hope you have a nice day!

I have not been in sometime but they alway were able to meet my needs for anxiety, depression and a multitude of other issues during my time. I would give them a try. They do their best to be full service and have PAs with a variety of backgrounds.

Thank you! I'm not crazy about my doctor, so I will look into them. Smile

I need a rediagnosis of ADD. I currently get my study meds from my primary care doctor. He gives me the medication but is not willing to fill out paperwork that I require (or fill out the insurance authorization/approval) so I must pay out of pocket most of the time.
- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if you don't go to the doctor for regular checkups, you're bananas. 
I am not sure what the protocol is for exchanging this information, but I know a VERY good psychiatrist (my own, and now my youngest daughter's) who has no compunctions about writing prescriptions for depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and ADHD....  Super nice guy, and not afraid to write for alp, di@z, or clon, although he won't write for loraz.  For ADHD, if your diagnosis is confirmed, the choice of rits or adds is left up to you.

North Atlanta, very easy to get to.  Accepts pretty much every insurance plan out there.

There's a similar psychiatrist who specializes in same day, night, and weekend appointments for working folks or emergencies, downtown Atlanta, accepts insurance or a $200 appointment fee.
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

Thanks! I’ll (try to remember to) PM you when I can get to a desktop computer. It’s touch to write much on my phone!

(02-03-2018, 11:26 PM)ComeDayGoDay Wrote: Thanks! I’ll (try to remember to) PM you when I can get to a desktop computer. It’s touch to write much on my phone!

Check your PMs ;-)
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil