Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is the HTTPS coming along?
(08-16-2017, 12:25 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: AOS!!  So great to 'see' you.  

Thank you for all of your hard work.

I hope you and yours are doing well.

Sincerely,

Fire ;-)

Thanks FirePlaces for your reply and for your care. All is good and would remain good as long as i have a family of all those who love each other here. This family is incredible. We have all to care for each other. And i love that. Smile
The only way to know how strong you are is to keep testing your limits.
(08-16-2017, 02:48 PM)johnw4 Wrote: That all sounds super-complicated.

Does it mean people wouldn't be able to Google our 'names' and trace them to this IOPList?

If we are on HTTPS then people would be able to find us. If we are on HTTP no one can because Google isn't listing HTTP pages anymore in search results. HTTPS means all data inside the forum is secure but we are available in search engines. HTTP means data inside is not encrypted but we are safe from Search Engine results. Every good thing comes at a price.
Star 
Hey, AoS...

It's good to see you about again, though sorry for all those crappy "emails" you being gettin'!

I know that debugging REALLY sucks, it's mundane+frustrating, all with not much reward - I totally get it.

So a big Thank-you dude, for all you have and still continue to do for us to this day.

I truly understand the hours that you must have put into this site...

HONESTLY, IT REALLY IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

God Bless you, Admin Of Steel!!

Cool
Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path...
And leave a trail... of Love, Laughter and Understanding.
(08-17-2017, 08:50 PM)Izzy76 Wrote: Hey, AoS...

It's good to see you about again, though sorry for all those crappy "emails" you being gettin'!

I know that debugging REALLY sucks, it's mundane+frustrating, all with not much reward - I totally get it.

So a big Thank-you dude, for all you have and still continue to do for us to this day.

I truly understand the hours that you must have put into this site...

HONESTLY, IT REALLY IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

God Bless you, Admin Of Steel!!

Cool

Thanks Izzy, Stay Happy. Much Love Your Way. Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
If I can be of any assistance with a certificate, keystore or enabling port 443 on Apache or IIS, please send me a PM and I will be glad to help out. I am very knowledgeable about this functionality. Just wanted t offer.

regards Eddie

(08-17-2017, 12:38 PM)ADMIN OF STEEL Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 02:48 PM)johnw4 Wrote: That all sounds super-complicated.

Does it mean people wouldn't be able to Google our 'names' and trace them to this IOPList?

If we are on HTTPS then people would be able to find us. If we are on HTTP no one can because Google isn't listing HTTP pages anymore in search results. HTTPS means all data inside the forum is secure but we are available in search engines. HTTP means data inside is not encrypted but we are safe from Search Engine results. Every good thing comes at a price.

HTTPS is the way to go and will be required soon. This provides encryption from the browser to the servr and back. Today using http traffic it can be sniffed without to much effort.

Regards Edddie

(06-08-2017, 01:46 AM)Izzy76 Wrote: --HTTPS://--

When is it coming to the forum? Or could we just have our PM's running under HTTPS for now?

I know i've read about it on here somewhere before.  But from what I read and can remember of it, our forum WILL be going with HTTPS at some point, unless the plans are no more...

I occasionly try to bring up this site using HTTPS and it kinda works, it doesnt drop the connection atleast, though it looks more like an archived website - all text based, and generally speaking the links dont work too well as yet, and I assume that it is down to it still being a work in progress? - I can imagine theres a massive work load that has to be done going into brining it upto HTTPS standards!

Although I am using my old(ish) android os(running under a mobile proxy connection), I assume that my connection has no effect on running this particular site under HTTPS - as my connection works just fine with other HTTPS sites.

Anyway, have there been any solid dates planned for it to be up and running, or a planned timeline for HTTPS to be added a bit at a time on here(though tbh i'm not sure that it is even possiable, or plausible to implement HTTPS in that manner? 

Would it be possiable to atleast have our PM's running under a HTTPS connection?

Admin of Steel(I know you already work very hard indeed for us all as it is and im just curious, but especially so about our PM's running under a HTTPS connection.)

Eitherway, Thanks in advance...

Smile
There should not be any diffrence in the display of the page using https. Issues arise between browsers when using add-on such as flash, etc. Since this is a forum site there is not a lot of the extra CSS, java script etc that cause problems as new standards are being set by the main browser manufacturers such as Firefox, IE and also chrome now as they dis allow a lot of items now.

Regards Eddie
AOS, thanks for everything you do.  Exclamation
All you have to do for a IIS webserver just bind 443 to the web site You will have to create a CSR and then just import in the csr after you get a CSR back from the CA that you bought the certificate from. If you need any help or have any questions I will be glad to help you out.

Regards Eddie