Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Bitcoin as payment?
Honestly, if there's no need to use bitcoin there's no point buying it. It's no less secure than normal money, especially if you've given your ID to an exchange. And the fact it runs on a blockchain means it's easy to track down the holders of any amount of BTC previously transacted (i.e. recorded on the public ledger that anyone can access).

So unless you must use BTC, or see some value in it as an investment, i'd personally stick to cash. BTC is too volatile to be a good currency.
Some exchanges don't request ID, however I agree theres no point in having an account unless your looking to use the currency. Investment is quite risky due to BTC volatility from day to day even.
Success!
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
Any cryptowhales out there confident in the value of BTC as an investment? I'd love to hear your opinion. It's still anyone's guess where cryptos are headed.

Personally if the option's there i would use Monero. It's untraceable but isn't much adopted yet, definitely much more secure than using BTC as payment.
How do I find which vendors that take bitcoin? Is there a list somewhere?

(I'm still new here so if this has been discussed here somewhere before please let me know)
Don't discuss vendor p methods.
Success!
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
(11-04-2018, 03:03 PM)JP144 Wrote: How do I find which vendors that take bitcoin? Is there a list somewhere?

(I'm still new here so if this has been discussed here somewhere before please let me know)

Hi JP144,
Please check the vendors website you're interested in. If you can't find payment options contact them and ask. You may need to create an account in some instances (Email and pass) as not all have emails and use a 'contact' form instead.

Good Luck!
(11-01-2018, 10:29 PM)quickfix Wrote: Some exchanges don't request ID, however I agree theres no point in having an account unless your looking to use the currency. Investment is quite risky due to BTC volatility from day to day even.

This time last year 1 Bitcoin cost close to $19,000-- today it's closer to $3,000 -that's uncle sam's BTW.

It's a mug's game IMHO.

Only buy Bit ( or other crypto's ) if you are using it right away cause you do not know what it will be next week/month...………………..it's not an investment that is for sure.

< but your smarter than that- right?> < sure you are>.....................….Folken
(12-15-2018, 11:00 PM)samppk Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 06:57 PM)folken Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 10:29 PM)quickfix Wrote: Some exchanges don't request ID, however I agree theres no point in having an account unless your looking to use the currency. Investment is quite risky due to BTC volatility from day to day even.

This time last year 1 Bitcoin cost close to $19,000-- today it's closer to $3,000 -that's uncle sam's BTW.

It's a mug's game IMHO.

Only buy Bit ( or other crypto's ) if you are using it right away cause you do not know what it will be next week/month...………………..it's not an investment that is for sure.

< but your smarter than that- right?> < sure you are>.....................….Folken
I have been wondering about this folken, as I am just getting around to learning bitcoin and the in and outs of it.  I didn't know if it would be better to purchase some now and wait until I need it or wait until the moment I need it, then go ahead and load my wallet with what is needed at that time.  Now I know to buy what I need for a certain transaction

Right- the price is so volatile and has been in a free fall all year ( not just Bitcoin ) - just google Bitcoin price and check out the price trend for 2018- make your stomach churn if I owned any. these cryoto currencies and Blockchain companies have fallen like Icarus who flew to close to the sun............

My 2 cents?- buy it when you need it, and only if you need it- and then make whatever purchase you need using it- like right away. This is not an investment vehicle. The money to be made  is over- so many people got taken in ( heck - even I was tempted to buy in - so glad I was lazy )....you should treat it like a payment method not something to hold onto..................IMHO..............Folken
This is my favorite payment method because there is no company in the middle to decline any transaction. I am relatively new to it and the biggest challenge I have is getting money into it quickly to make a payment. Do not let money sit in BTC right now because it is very unstable.
I think it would be a last resort for me and I certainly agree that the money should never just sit there. The lack of traceability and no middle man is attractive though.