Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FDA stated Fake LLs go out from Vendors
FDA Cites Drug Warning Scam Over Online Medications
By Aziza Kasumov | July 17, 2018

People who tried to order medicine online or over the phone have received fake U.S. Food and Drug Administration warning letters instead of the products they bought, in what appears to be an international extortion scam, the agency said on Friday.

In the past few weeks, the FDA has received more than three dozen notifications about the letters from consumers.

The letters were designed to look legitimate. Two samples provided by the agency showed that the senders used the official FDA logo and correct address. One letter also claimed to be from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. However, the writing in the letters contained shaky grammar and odd word choices.

Two of the letters said consumers had violated several sections of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. They then asked addressees to notify the FDA “of the specific steps that you have taken to correct those violations.” The issuers said not to contact the seller and threatened “necessary legal steps” should they find out about “any suspicious activity from your end.”

“Consumers who aren’t involved in manufacturing or distributing FDA regulated products should be on alert that if you get an FDA warning letter, it’s probably fake, and probably a scam,” the agency’s commissioner, Scott Gottlieb, said in a statement. The agency said it generally does not take action against individuals for purchasing medicine online. Instead, the FDA would target the owners and operators of any illegal websites.

First Fakes
The ploy is the first time the agency has seen a scam involving fake warning letters, said Lyndsay Meyer, a spokeswoman for the agency. Sending out warning notifications to consumers is an otherwise common tool for the FDA to alert people about potential harm.

In the meantime, the FDA recommends consumers only buy medications online from U.S.-licensed pharmacies that require a prescription and notify the agency should they receive a fake warning letter.

A 2015 report by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy that reviewed close to 11,000 websites selling prescription medications found that about 96 percent of those websites were not compliant with U.S. laws and patient-safety standards.

Copyright 2019 Reuters. Click for restrictions.

hxxps://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2018/07/17/495207.htm
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

These scammers are relentless, it really is a shame they take advantage of people like that. The added stress of a LL, I’d rather just plain receive nothing.
I read somewhere, and darned if i can recall where at this moment in time, but i read that someone new to forums received a vendor envelope with a photocopied Letter of Interdiction inside the so called original packaging.

So they are trying that trick again. People whom pretend to have product to rob your monies will use an old and photo copied LL and they put it inside their own packaging. Customs does not do that and we are not fools.

People are insane and are using the internet for criminal activities as well as pretty much all insane activities. People try to force another to do certain acts. With it ending with the live streaming suicide of the victim. People are being challenged by insane others to eat tide pods. Take the perfect selfie and so one falls off the cliff. Or they live stream murder or their own suicide.

One cannot accept too much from others on the internet. The Supremes, u know, the Supreme Court, advised us that it is assumed by the reasonable man that all online are liars. And stupid. And cannot be held to any standard higher than being liars and thieves and stupid. No one should expect more.

So they never have to investigate cases now much. Hey, people should know better. But the young amongst us don't realize words are forever and pictures are into infinity.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Yet another issue that never occurred to me and reinforces the strict rules here.  I do agree, Maddy, that we, the "boomers," are more susceptible to scams.  Thank you, Charon, for putting this out there for us to read.
Angry Oh boy what next  ??   thanks for the info Charon
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
Its never going to stop that's why we have to be so careful.

Sudsy
From Charons' post:

.....In the meantime, the FDA recommends consumers only buy medications online from U.S.-licensed pharmacies that require a prescription and notify the agency should they receive a fake warning letter.......

Yeah we will do that.....................rofl..........

<< now where did I put there number? >>  

Folken
As if we don’t have enough to worry about these days. Dodgy

These scammers get sneakier & sneakier every day!
Hi newbie, unknownklone321.

Be aware that you need to make a welcome post before venturing out on the threads !

OKAY.

See the link to it on my post.
Thanks for the post Charon. Always excellent to be reminded of things like this.