IOPList.Org

Full Version: Kratom ILLEGAL in USA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like it had a good run but the DEA and now customs will be looking for Kratom  (affecting large packages of any kind im

sure).  I dont think the BEA is gonna stop them this time.  Pretty sure it's done. So sad bc that is the only thing I use for pain

and I know plenty of addicts that it helped quit.  People are messaging me very upset, I'm really upset about this myself.  I need to 

move across the pond..

This country is a joke.  My Vendor in US refuses to ship after the law passes.  But I'm sure we can all agree that won't stop us 

from getting these God given plants like MJ and Kratom.  Sad day... anyone that wants to keep up with the legal issues for 

Kratom, I'll try to keep ya posted on this thread.  This is terrible news, God bless all those in pain and/or recovery that are 

going to be affected.  Also, Kratom vendors get ready Wink
(11-16-2017, 06:14 PM)horsies Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it had a good run but the DEA and now customs will be looking for Kratom  (affecting large packages of any kind im

sure).  I dont think the BEA is gonna stop them this time.  Pretty sure it's done. So sad bc that is the only thing I use for pain

and I know plenty of addicts that it helped quit.  People are messaging me very upset, I'm really upset about this myself.  I need to 

move across the pond..

This country is a joke.  My Vendor in US refuses to ship after the law passes.  But I'm sure we can all agree that won't stop us 

from getting these God given plants like MJ and Kratom.  Sad day... anyone that wants to keep up with the legal issues for 

Kratom, I'll try to keep ya posted on this thread.  This is terrible news, God bless all those in pain and/or recovery that are 

going to be affected.  Also, Kratom vendors get ready Wink
Hey Horsies,
I agree with all that you said. There are countries around the world, like the Philippines, whose economies would be greatly adversely affected if they ever made K illegal. Literally half the working population of the Phils uses it...for pain issues and "to pass the time while performing mundane labor". You would think the US could take a hint from one of the other countries, who have proven it to be safe and help people be more productive. All we can hope for is that the DEA will keep changing it's mind.  Rafterman
You can still get many different varieties of quality K.,from sites out of Tampa Fla.,its still legal.they have great K.-bars and tea huts down town,also in St.pete. it really helps a lot of people who cant get or don't want to take meds anymore. advertisements on the radio here swear by it. good luck.
I heard today that natural Kratom will be legal. It is synthetic that will not be legal anymore

Regards Eddie
Thanks eddie,i don't know much about the synthetic type,if its anything like spice,they should outlaw it.we don't know whats in it?I heard the legal one is getting very hard to aquire,because it comes from overseas,where the forests are being decimated for their bark,roots,nectar,syrup and that's happening in the national forests over there.its illegal over there also.
I just mailed my representatives as there is a bill or something similar going through congress right now sponsored by certain representatives that want more research and keep the conversation open. Never was wild about Kratom but I know many have stopped their reliance on many things with its help
Has anyone heard if north of the border is planning on following this outrageous law? I'm asking my fellow countrymen. We usually seem to follow whatever they do cause our govt usually gives into the slightest pressure
I heard on the news their is some type of Kratom association,that got enough signatures to stop it so far.But as we all know the DEA is relentless!
It is available domestically in the US except for 4 states.  I found no Federal Statute making this the law.  However, administrative agencies do have delegated law making authority in certain situations, so perhaps, as mentioned above, the FDA or DEA have slipped it in to one of their regulations.  I can confirm though that it is available domestically to all but 4 states.
(01-15-2018, 08:57 PM)masterthief Wrote: [ -> ]It is available domestically in the US except for 4 states.  I found no Federal Statute making this the law.  However, administrative agencies do have delegated law making authority in certain situations, so perhaps, as mentioned above, the FDA or DEA have slipped it in to one of their regulations.  I can confirm though that it is available domestically to all but 4 states.

This is more or less my understanding as a resident of the US. There was some substantial discussion within the DEA during 2017 as to whether the properties of whole, fresh Kratom, dried powders, or alkaloid extracts of said plant, constitute a signigant public health threat in terms of addiction or physical dependence. The misuse potential, likelihood of long-term toxicity, and the costs associated with enforcing such a ban were found to be inconsistent (aka not worth anyone’s time) with the potential “benefits” of taking such a low-level “concern” out of legal supplement markets. As of now I do not believe it is a target for any tier of LE in the States.
Pages: 1 2