IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: "Good Morning" - G.Elias - 09-08-2015

The day is half over for me and most of you are still in the morning,so i will say good afternoon morning heads,how many time zones are there in the US?
Reading about cola reminded me of what happened to me when i was about 10 years old.
I was addicted to the stuff,drank several cans a day,couldn't stop playing football or running around all day.
The school i went to had a summer holiday for a week down on the southern coast in england,i had to have a medical before we went on the holiday.When i got results back it showed i had a bladder infection,doc asked me what i had been eating and drinking,when i said i drank cans of cola several times a day i got told to stop for a week,bring a new urine sample after a week,when i got results back the bladder infection had gone so i could only put it down to drinking too much cola,have not touched it again since,that was 40 years ago.
In england people say if you pour a can of cola down the toilet pan and leave overnight it will leave the toilet super clean.
I have never tried it but def will never drink the stuff again for sure.
Hope the rest of the day goes well for all,its early evening meal time so i must depart,not been around much lately,was a little ill for a while then had to get out of the city to breathe some clean air,its helped a lot,i think i have had enough of city living,getting itchy feet,evening/morning all.

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 09-08-2015

Time zones? I think the US has 3 not counting Hawaii ... Eastern ... Central ... Pacific....

Somebody correct me if I wrong ....

RE: "Good Morning" - Zander - 09-08-2015

* Corrects Iceman* Mountain Time! :-P

Howdy Linville! =)

As always Zander ... I stand corrected ...

Quote:Time in the United States, by law, is divided into nine standard time zones covering the states and its possessions, with most of the United States observing daylight saving time for approximately the spring, summer, and fall
months.

Samoa Time Zone (UTC-11:00),
Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone (UTC-10:00), Alaska Time Zone (UTC-09:00),
Pacific Time Zone (UTC-08:00),
Mountain Time Zone (UTC-07:00),
Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00),
Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00),
Atlantic Time Zone (UTC-04:00),
Chamorro Time Zone (UTC +10:00)

Resourcs :::: Wikipedia

I see I did leave a few out I never even considered.... Samoa ... Really ...

Does that mean I don't have to have a passport to go there? They started making us get one just to go to Mexico .... Never had to ... I just wonder since Samoa is a US Territory , do we still need a passport?

Just askin ...

And btw ... Where is Chamorro and what on earth do they do there....

RE: "Good Morning" - Zander - 09-08-2015

Well there are a couple there that I've never heard of Ice, Atlantic Time Zone, really? All I can figure is that must be for the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico maybe. Yeah a passport is required for Samoa. I've actually been there. If a U.S. citizen decides to stay no visa is required however.

I may be wrong on this but I believe only about 20 countries have multiple time zones. As big as China is, it just has 1 time zone. I heard that on Discovery or the National Geo channel a while back. =)

RE: "Good Morning" - G.Elias - 09-08-2015

thought China would have had as many as the US,maybe chairman Mao got rid of them all?
Think i have been living in Mountain Time Zone last few days away,damn cold at night sleeping in a shed with the wind blowin through all the gaps in the wood brrrrr!
One thing i managed to do is learn how to get a fire started without matches or a lighter,but almost sliced a finger of shaving wood,nothing beats being away from so called civilisation for a while,makes me feel alive.
Paid the price last few days due to all the walking,severe pain in both shins,just about gone now.
A friend is planning going over to the US soon to follow the eclipse as it moves across the country.
Would like to go there one day maybe.

I like watching stuff like that! .. You can find out all kinds of things through Disc. Ch .... I never knew that fact about the countries without multiple TZ's ... I guess I'd never even thought about it, figuring there must be everywhere ...

Quote:I may be wrong on this but I believe only about
20 countries have multiple time zones. As big as China is, it just has 1 time zone. I heard that on Discovery or the National Geo channel a while back. =)

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 09-09-2015

Good Morning IOP....

Well ... Got my coffee already in the cup and the bong loaded ... And getting both of them in me as I type! ... lol Just a sec....

Wow ... Now that is a wake-n-bake! ...

On a sad note .. I hate our Popster had to be removed from our midst ... But things happened that cannot happen here and won't be tolerated ... I'm not getting into details, just saying no member can do somethings over and over and not expect some kind of action .. He will, however, be missed ....

On with the show!

The best to all my friends this beautiful morn, Linville, Kitty, Fire, Harley, Ms Hepburn and of coarse .... Zander .. Surely I'm missing people and it's not on purpose.... I'm just knotheaded in the AM ...

Of coarse I would like to extend a warm invite to all our members... New and old to join in our little coffee thread and just "Shoot the ... Breeze" ... To anyone just reading these posts, jump in ... Have a cup ... And enjoy the warmth that's spread here each day, there's plenty to go around and we'd love to hear how you day starts....

My coughing fit has slowed to a crawl so I'm about to start it again .... So to all our members ... Here's to y'all ... Have a wonderful pain/stress/worry free day today ... Remember, someone will always be around to help you cope with most anything here ... That's what this place is all about for me ... Thank you all for listening to my incoherant ramblings ...
L8r
Ice

Oh yeah .. I almost forgot ... Morning shouts go out to TommyGun ... Been missing you 'round here ...

RE: "Good Morning" - Zander - 09-09-2015

Gooooooooooooood Morning All!

I give up! I was sure I had the Iceman beat this morning. It's impossible to get up before he who never sleeps. His blood type is CP, Caffeine-Plus. :-P

Have a most wonderful day friends. =)

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 09-09-2015

Oh yes, Zander it is very very difficult to be here before our IceWizard……Good Morning Everyone.

I think maybe I did it when he slept in maybe once, maybe not dont remember……ha 

Well I feel extra tired this morning.     Sleepy sleepy  Sleepy         I got called out to work last night and wasn't there but maybe an hour but (9:30 to 10:30 and after rinsing off the humidity I didnt get to sleep until 12:30 or so and I can feel like a zombie today.
Oh well curently I have a spot I can take a power nap at lunch time.

Audrey did you ride the train yesterday? Thank you for telling me how it works a few posts back…as you can tell I am not a train commuter but by my explorer…..whoops I see now that you are driving yesterday and today so nevermind but be safe, Someone almost got me the other day, ugh.

Harley my friend, how are you feeling this fine (tired for me but fine anyway) morning? Roofers all finished? 

Oh, I am hearing that the weather pattern is getting ready to take a big change towards normal. We need rain very badly here…….

Hi Tommygun , I had forgotten about the eclipse, when is ?

FirePlaces Good Morning to YOU!  Smile I hope your day is fine. How is that coaching change going for DD?
It is always so good to see you around my friend,  and I am not trying to butter you up, either. I guess one could say that you emanate good vibes.

Have you guys looked at the food thread of Miss Kittycat Oh, BTW I will be on the watch just in case a certain recipe shows up  then I might copy and paste it. With your permission of course Kitty  

I do so agree with IceWizard, anyone new or old jump in and talk with us about how your day was or is going to be and even something else.
Please feel free to jump in anywhere like Ice said,  as this is supposed to be a stress free zone, I guess one could say, right …..

Well I am sure I have missed mentioning someone but I will catch you later, no slight is intended, you can be sure of that.

I hope everyone has a good day.    Exclamation