IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Back2Good - 04-20-2016

Good morning IOP!

First off, for Fireplaces and willie, you're both in my prayers, and shall remain in them until you are free of your afflictions.  I truly hope you feel better soon.

IceWizard, I was doing some research for a speech I have to deliver at the 7th Infantry Division's Association reunion ball this year (don't ask me why they picked me, I was only an E-5 when I got out, but apparently the speech is on transitioning to a civilian career after the Army, and I've been enormously successful with that transition, although I couldn't have accomplished what I have without the GI Bill and 4 years playing for the Longhorns), and while trying to come up with a joke about Marines, which is, of course, expected at an Army function, I noticed that the Marine Corps celebrates its birthday the day before my wife and I's anniversary date, so now I'll know to send you a Semper Fi, a "Hoo-Rah", and raise an adult beverage in your direction on November 10th of each year.

AOS, great job with the server transition!

Sorry I can't call out all of you this morning, it's going to be a busy day at work, and my wife is leaving this morning for her annual "girl's trip" with her Mom and our oldest daughter (youngest daughter can join them for the first time next year, after she graduates college in May of this year), so I'm going to have to endure a lecture on what she expects me to do during the three weeks I'll be in bachelor mode - Which I will promptly file for procrastination until the day before she comes home...I'm going to be too busy having my buddies over and actually using the back deck now that the weather is gorgeous.  Of course, since I'm not from around here, but just landed here for my first job after ETS'ing, all of my buddies are old codgers just like me that I've met at the VFW and American Legion over the years, so the entertainment will probably be limited to the few beers we're capable of handling these days, watching Westerns on Netflix, and cuddling the adult chickens (we each have our favorite, and when they aren't sitting in our laps, they are following us around the house whenever one of us gets up to fetch something).

I'm actually taking tomorrow and Friday as vacation days (my boss has been on my back about using some of the huge amount of vacation time I have in the bank, I get 20 days per year, and it rolls over every year, so given the few vacations I take, I have something like 120 days stored up, and company policy is that we're not to accumulate more than 100 days), and plan to catch up on my sleep deficit, get the grill cleaned up and ready for use, and clean up the deck furniture before leaving for Fort Lewis on Saturday for the 7th ID reunion and coming back on Sunday, no doubt with a hideous hangover...The Division Command Sergeant Major always makes artillery punch by tradition, and that stuff is hideous - But like any other military ball, when Mr. Chairman or Mr. Vice receives a report that you've violated a rule of order, you must "drink from the boot", and before the evening is over everyone has violated a rule of order, often several, including Mr. Chairman and Mr. Vice, who can be cited by anyone at the table for infractions.  I'm certainly looking forward to the reunion ball, as I do every year, but I'm dreading the morning after and the long flight home.

Have a wonderful Wednesday and a glorious remainder of your week, my friends - I'll no doubt be here frequently tomorrow and Friday, as I'll be on vacation, so I hope to see you all in the threads!

Oh, and one last thing for Ice:

[Image: IJMzcVR.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - willie33 - 04-20-2016

Good morning! Smile

[Image: 200792-Today-Is-Slap-An-Idiot-Wednesday.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 04-20-2016

I like that, willie. Line them up, indeed.

RE: Cafe Linville - willie33 - 04-20-2016

I think I should be the first in line! Tongue

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 04-20-2016

okie dokie, u can go first. i gotta round them up. Will take some thinking, willie. Go ahead. Have at em.

RE: Cafe Linville - IceCreamMan - 04-21-2016

I am wondering why they call this cafe Linville. With 204 pages that is more than most. Many friendly people here

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 04-21-2016

Good Morning IOP !

Harley, awww thank you for those kind words ....( I can use them )  

Speaking of coffee and breakfast here ya go there is more in the back and Ice will bring hot water with more coffee.

I hope everyone has a pain and stress free day as possible.

Smile

[Image: tumblr_o5e3csdF8R1shc1wyo1_500.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 04-21-2016

Good Morning IOP....

[Image: 99676-Good-Morning-Minion.jpg]

As it's been the case this week, I've managed to sleep in... I'm beginin to think it's that 'Wesley Snipes'... It's plum terrible!

Anyway... Coffee's on and I'm out...

Remember to love one another today and smile... We're alive... That's reason enough...

Ice

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 04-21-2016

Good Morning, IOP!! Lets have a good day, all!!

RE: Cafe Linville - Roses - 04-21-2016

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all have a lovely day with your pain & anxiety under control.