IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 09-11-2015

Goo luck with you new job .. Hope it does go seamless for you Linville ...

It's down right cold here ...50 maybe ... Damn summer was short felt like about 2 weeks ...

Y'all have a great day today....

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 09-11-2015

(09-11-2015, 11:59 AM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Good morning everyone.

Ice, it is cold and rainy here too.  What happened to summer?  Linville, I have been through that with jobs several times.  It is extremely stressful.  I hope it works out for you and you are stress free soon.

I am posting a video link that I want to share with my "Good Morning"  group.  It is an unauthorized "commercial" for Metra (our commuter train system.)  The second one made me laugh so hard!

Hope everyone has an awesome day.  Talk with you later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euvrbEW8SwI

Audrey Hepburn,
Thank you for giving us the video to watch .....yup so so funny in a dry way and those are even funnier.

I imagine you have some stories that you could tell about the adventures of riding the Metra
Ha...

I hope your day is a good one.

Best

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 09-11-2015

Hi everyone….it is TGIF isnt it. I finished up at work and left happily ….Not hungry for dinner yet.

So I will wait and maybe get a pizza later.

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 09-12-2015

Good Morning IOP
Sat 12 Sept 15

Typical morning around here ... Coffee is hot and in the cup ... Bong is full and ready to ripp... Maybe I should do this "before" I start typing .... Naw ... Brb ...

Alrighty then! To me there's no better way to start the day ...

I just want to start out mentioning the fact that I was never so glad to see Charon post again after her computer malfunction ... I mean, hey I like all y'all just fine , but Charon is like no other ... The way she treated me when I first got here to .org ... I cannot begin to repay her kindness afforded to me ... For that (even if that were the only reason) I'll forever be in debeted to her .... She is the blood of this forum and I don't believe we could make it without her ... Don't get me wrong, the other powers that be are great folks, but Charon will always remain most dear to me ....

Anywhoo ... DAMN ...It's already 3:30 ... Hey hate to cut this short, but I gotta burn here in a minute ... And no I don't do morning papers or nothing like that.... lol ....

I'll catch y'all on the threads later, so to each and everyone of my friends here... Have a pain, stress and worry free day today ...

L8r
Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 09-12-2015

Good Afternoon everyone…..

Hi IceWizard, Hi Harley….good to read you guys post this morning.

I am late this morning because I have been on the pone with a friend. I confirmed the death of an old friend talking with them. He was one of my running buddies back in the day so to speak. It had been about 4 years since I last talked to him. He lived in Charlotte, NC.

He got sick suddenly about 4 week ends ago. Said he would go to the doctor on the Monday if he didnt feel better. He did and initially was misdiagnosed but then soon was told he had cirrhosis of the liver and kidney failure…..death sentence.

So he passed away on 9/9/15 ….last Wednesday. I am saddened over this, greatly. 
Sighs………….. Cry

Do you remember how close friendship instantly renews itself when you see someone after many years, well I cant remember who recently was talking of it but that is how it was for us.
We formed a bond that time didn't erase….

I am sad today thinking of him and our past and now he is gone and I didn't get to talk to him the last time…

====
Well enough of that for now .

It is rainy today and getting cooler so fall is coming to the area this week end …it has been so hot and dry for several weeks unusually warm for the time of year it is.

So I am glad to get the rain now maybe the grass will turn green again, ha.

Harley I hope you have a good visit. Be careful friend.
 Lets see, if I remember right you recently got a classic car out and polished it up some …are you driving it?

Or am I thinking of someone else….hmmm

Well I need to go for a while……Where is FirePlaces, oh I think she had a game to attend so you FP be sure to give us the report, K ? Smiles

I hope everyone has a pain, anxiety and worry free day.  Smile

P. S.

Oh , Audrey Hepburn ….thanks for the stories again…that death stare, so funny …..I want to hear more someday.

RE: "Good Morning" - Charon - 09-12-2015

i am so sorry, linville. that is awful news.

it does not matter if a friend is MIA for a week or a year or a decade.

The bond remains.

My deepest sympathies to you. And, to your friend's family.

I am truly saddened to hear of this.

Life is just so unpredictable and difficult for those of us who remain.

Poor linville. Hang in there, my friend.

RE: "Good Morning" - Rumor - 09-12-2015

Linville,
Ditto what Charon said.
I have people in my life just like you described and understand exactly what you mean. Sincere sympathies, R.

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 09-12-2015

My friend Linville ... It is a real awful feeling to lose a real close friend ... No matter what distance or time that's past can erase the bonds made .... You'll never for get them and they never age .. They are always with us exactly as they were the last day you see them ...

I lost a friend some years ago... Like brothers we were ... We hopped on his harley and within 15 min ... We wrecked and he had broken his neck and died ... I still see the same dude now and it's like he will always be that same age ... And to this day I miss him dearly ..

I do hope you can deal with this in your own way Linville ... I know we don't compare to "friends in the real world" ... But we are here for you brother ...

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 05:02 PM)Charon Wrote: i am so sorry, linville.  that is awful news.

it does not matter if a friend is MIA for a week or a year or a decade.

The bond remains.

My deepest sympathies to you.  And, to your friend's family.

I am truly saddened to hear of this.

Life is just so unpredictable and difficult for those of us who remain.

Poor linville.  Hang in there, my friend.

(09-12-2015, 06:15 PM)Rumor Wrote: Linville,
Ditto what Charon said.
I have people in my life just like you described and understand exactly what you mean. Sincere sympathies, R.

(09-12-2015, 06:55 PM)IceWizard Wrote: My friend Linville ... It is a real awful feeling to lose a real close friend ... No matter what distance or time that's past can erase the bonds made .... You'll never for get them and they never age .. They are always with us exactly as they were the last day you see them ...

I lost a friend some years ago... Like brothers we were ... We hopped on his harley and within 15 min ... We wrecked and he had broken his neck and died ... I still see the same dude now and it's like he will always be that same age ... And to this day I miss him dearly ..

I do hope you can deal with this in your own way Linville ... I know we don't compare to "friends in the real world" ... But we are here for you brother ...

Oh thank you friends. You are all the best. 

It does help to know you guys would take the time to say something.

Thank you Charon , Rumor and IceWizard

Thank you for understanding. …….It is kind of strange this ole world we live at times. 

Talk later...

RE: "Good Morning" - Charon - 09-13-2015

i get tired just reading all that u do, harley.

ooh ooh, a classic car. i get to watch all shows on restoration of cars. (partner is autobody man.)

yours sounds already restored.

so glad u got to visit with friends. and made your father so happy.