IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Popster - 05-08-2016

Happy Mother's day to all our mother members.

Today I am remembering all the wonderful guidance and love my mother gave me....it was a HUGE influence in my life Heart

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 05-09-2016

(05-08-2016, 04:28 PM)Popster Wrote: Happy Mother's day to all our mother members.

Today I am remembering all the wonderful guidance and love my mother gave me....it was a HUGE influence in my life Heart

Hi Popster.

My mother has passed on. But, I also can state that she was a big influence on me, in a positive way.  
To her  Heart

RE: Cafe Linville - IceCreamMan - 05-09-2016

Happy Mother's day to all the mothers out there. I hope everyone Got flowers, spent time with family :-) We love our moms :-)

Good Morning IOP !

Another Sunrise, just like clockwork....

[Image: tumblr_o14wydiKYD1s1wkw8o1_1280.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 05-09-2016

Good Morning, IOP!

RE: Cafe Linville - Rose5555 - 05-09-2016

(05-07-2016, 01:07 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: Morning Everyone.  Finally feel caught up on reading.  My ipad kept dying all week due to limited access to a charger, and then one night, the cord was bent and damaged my battery.  Won't fully charge but seems ok.

Rose555, what other work are you doing on your house, or is it just the kitchen? I am gutting my kitchen this summer, currently reviewing the plans and picking appliances.  Only have half the $ saved, borrowing the rest which kind of makes me nervous but oh well.  Kitchen needs to be done and might as well do it while we can enjoy it for a decade or two before old age forces us to move somewhere where it is easier to live.  

Harley, how did the cinqo de mayo (sp?) party at work go?  Are your joints feeling less achy?

IS, your description of your dogs made me smile.  It is hard when friends break up.  Helps if they don't both live in the same town as you.  

Rev, I hope you are able to get back onto your routine with out too much delay.  I need to get back on the healthy living routine myself of supplements and exercise.  Maybe this summer.  Sets a good example for DD.

Hi and best wishes to ALL my board friends, old and new.

Smiles,

Fire

Hi Fire, 
I decided I would get most of the work needed on my house done at the same time - so it's the kitchen, new wood floors, new ceilings, and new electrics and lights. I had to start by getting a wall taken down so it was more open plan. The downstairs is transformed and even upstairs has new flooring, so a huge improvement.
However, if I had to do it again, I would definitely spread it out more as it felt overwhelming to have everything done, one week after the other, with barely a day's break.  I have sooooo had enough of builders now - particularly the type who are rude and unhelpful, and that is true of the flooring installers. 
I agree it is important to get things as you want them though. Until now, I have always just lived with whatever was in a house or flat when I moved in. This is the first time I have ever gone for what I want.  Once I recover from the hassle, I will probably really enjoy it here!

Roses and Linville, if you ever come to the UK, do let me know - I could give you a bit of a tour!

Aw Rose5555 you are the best.....with your offer. Thank you for saying ....you would give a tour.

Sounds like you could be on one of those shows on HGTV where they go in and to a total over remodel....

A lot of times they say exactly what you are saying but then after it is all done go whew I guess it was worth it.

So I hope it is that way for you too.

RE: Cafe Linville - Roses - 05-09-2016

Good Afternoon IOP! I hope you are all having a good day without pain & anxiety.

Hi Linville. What a beautiful sunrise. Thank you.

Hi Rose5555 Your offer to give a tour of your country is lovely. I will let you know if I do make it to England.
Best wishes on your remodel. It sounds like it's going to be beautiful when it's done. You hang in there through the remodeling.

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 05-10-2016

Good Morning IOP !

[Image: tumblr_o6iop9zaVk1uk266mo1_500.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 05-10-2016

Good Morning, IOP!! Have glorious days, all!