IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 05-17-2016

i am so sorry IS. i am hearing reports of people getting sick now all over.
hang in there. feel better.

RE: Cafe Linville - willie33 - 05-17-2016

Good morning, friends!

I_S, hope you feel better soon. Linville, maybe you will get to catch up on your sleep soon. That kind of sleep deprivation is not good.

Hello Ice and Charon!

[Image: 183067-Good-Morning-Happy-Tuesday.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - Roses - 05-17-2016

Good Morning Everybody!! I hope you have a good Tuesday, with your pain & anxiety under control.7Well, my computer needs a new fan which will cost $90, just for that. It might take 1-2 days if they don't have the part in stock. So, I'll be so glad to have it back. This little notebook is a pain to use but at least I have something to use.

The wind has died down here & it will be in the 60s today. Which is good working weather. I will be weeding today.

Morning Insomnia sucks. Gosh I am so sorry you got sick like that but I'm glad to know you took the day off. Feel better soon.

Morning Linville. It's really good that you got 7 hours of sleep last night. I hope your day is kind to you friend.

Good Morning Charon, Ice, Willie, Fireplaces, Rose5555, Audrey, Harley, Slick, Popster, Zander & the rest of you lovely people. Have a nice Tuesday all!

RE: Cafe Linville - iNsom - 05-17-2016

Hey Fire,

My mum taught me it years ago, she is a nurse.
The way I do it is:
Get a glass, fill half of it with Coke. 
Put in 1 spoon of sugar (this flattens the Coke and adds more energy) 
Add a pinch of salt, for the electrolytes.
Fill the rest of the cup with water.

It's kind of like those rehydration drinks but it tastes a lot better.

RE: Cafe Linville - Slick - 05-17-2016

Good Morning All!

Slow to get started today.  This cold, raining weather is rough on the arthritis!  Ugh.....

Fire - the avatar says "Awl hail da Frappucheeno"  Lol.  The kitty wants some!
My little kitty turned 20 years 'young' last month!!  

I-S, sorry you are under the weather!  The remedy with the coke is new to me!  I hope it helps!!!  Feel Better

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!!

Slick Smile

RE: Cafe Linville - iNsom - 05-17-2016

Thanks for all the well-wishes folks. I feel almost 100% again. Must have flushed the bug out Smile

I must admit, I rarely take sick periods (usually twice a year) so I am tempted to take 1 more day...
Tongue

I mean, even tho I was ill, 1 day looks dodgy, doesn't it? Wink

mmm, I'll see...

Nanight

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 05-18-2016

[Image: 2YaCzxn.jpg]

But it seems that 'Blizzards' work!

(05-18-2016, 02:12 AM)Harley Wrote: Good Night All

Oh, the last time I posted I was getting my hair colored. I was excited, but ah geez I hate it! Didn't come out right, for me, although I have gotten compliments on it I just don't feel it. Lol, First world problem here. In 6 weeks or so I can start over.

Work this week has been stressful. As most know I am working for my BFF's husband. Their daughter, my Goddaughter works in the front part of the building running a Daycare. I've gotten use to hearing three versions of family strife for a long time now and just ignore the best I can. Listen and say little, but this week so far OY VEY ISH MIR... OMG, I am in the middle of not one, not two, not even three, but four as my Godson (their son) has even dragged me into a family war..... It seems that they all think if I agree with their versions of events then they are right. So today I had three of them in front of me as the Lady in the Front Office called out sick and I was ordering parts and my Boss in the middle of their angry debate stopped and asked me directly what I thought of their family dilemma. Whilst my BFF is staring at me like "of course you will back me". I was like "OH CRAP" and I have no idea where this came from, but I just said "We all need Dairy Queen" (it's down the street), grabbed my purse and went out the door. So here I am walking to my car thinking what do I do and I said Dairy Queen so I went and got Blizzards.......... LOL, I brought them back and my BFF sends a Pic to her son and he calls me saying "No Fair"! I got them calmed down for a brief period of time cuz they had the manners to accept gracefully my gift, but I did tell them all "I am not a mediator", I Love them all, I agree with them all so I'm not choosing sides and what they are arguing about they are all arguing the SAME thing, but they aren't listening to each other.

Who would have thunk a blizzard could stop arguing. I'm sure it's not over, but I found a way to get me out of it!

Sorry for my rant, but besides Coffee, a Blizzard sure tasted Good!

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 05-18-2016

so now i have to count also.

hey, good morning, IOP. How are you guys today? Or, Good morning, ladies and gentlemen?

(i kid. I kid. Miss hepburn needs the proper way to address people!)

RE: Cafe Linville - iNsom - 05-18-2016

Good morning / afternoon.

Well I have left work, I thought I was cured but I'm back to square 1. Dr app in 1 hour Undecided
I hope it's just a bug.

Hope you all have a better day than me

RE: Cafe Linville - Slick - 05-18-2016

Good Morning Everyone!!   Happy HUMP Day!  (haha)

Kristof, I feel your pain!  My pinkie toe was broken about 2 months ago, I was at the grocery store and a lady in one of those horrible motorized carts managed to 'lose control' of it and ran over that part of my foot!!   Of course that's my kind of luck - but it is still sore!!  Haha!!

Harley, I NEED to try a hair color!   My shining greys are peeking thru - but I am afraid of the results!  I tried it once myself and it turned out BLACK!!!

I-S so sorry your not feeling better!  Should have taken that second day!!  Hopefully the dr will be of help!!!

I'm still freezing!!  Cold - rain - wind:  Is it REALLY May 18th!!??  Please Mr. SUN - show yourself!!!!!!

Happy Wednesday to ALL!!!! Smile

Slick