IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 08-17-2016

Good Morning IOP.

Hi Cricket. & Popster, Morning to ya's

Now............

[Image: tumblr_obow1zVcwQ1udqvszo1_1280.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 08-17-2016

Good Morning IOP!!  Another day stuck in this wee room with AC?  Wonderful.  I can finish binge watching on computer some TV shows.  Again.  

We may miss heat during winter, but it takes an unbelievable toll on the body, in my case, also.

Sorry, Harley.

RE: Cafe Linville - Popster - 08-17-2016

Hi everyone!!!

Charon.....I am a sun lover and have been always.....the sun does some wonderful things to our bodies through our optic nerves (yes it's true) and of course Vitamin D.....but as I get older I have been noticing the "toll" you are talking about...it drains my energy and now I limit my time to about 15 minute spurts.....never saw that coming.

(08-17-2016, 10:52 AM)Charon Wrote: Good Morning IOP!!  Another day stuck in this wee room with AC?  Wonderful.  I can finish binge watching on computer some TV shows.  Again.  

We may miss heat during winter, but it takes an unbelievable toll on the body, in my case, also.

Sorry, Harley.

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 08-17-2016

Air conditioning is a wonderful invention

Mine was recently running "full bore" to keep it cool enough for someone to be comfortable

I am thankful to have it

I also read an article on how to live if you don't have it, oh great... Tongue  

In other countries they use room A/C a lot more than here using central units, I was told

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 08-18-2016

Good Morning IOP !

[Image: tumblr_obnu02NWJo1qzsbzuo1_500.jpg]

Talking here, chocolate never bothered me before although I have heard people mention it , that it, the caffeine in it caused them not to sleep well, add me to those. 
Tongue I ate one of those big Ghirardelli chocolate bars with almonds yesterday evening and it was like I had drank a pot of coffee...what a day this is starting out when you are already looking for, can I go to sleep yet.  Tongue

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 08-18-2016

Good Morning, IOP!

Popster, I did not realize this happened to u also.
Man. I used to love sitting in sun for a bit, ignoring skin cancer possibilities, but now it does put one with an autoimmune, such as lupus, in immediate flareup.

Sorry, pops. This getting older thing just stinks, humble opinion and all.

Nice avatar, linville.

I used to be addicted to chocolate. If I ate a small meal, I would reward myself with a small amount of chocolate before sleep. With milk.

Now? I just stopped. No desire for sweets anymore. (And, then u, linville, put up a thread on insomnia. You nailed me in that post u made. I used it for energy. Sweets can fuel the growth of diseases in the body. Not so good.)

Sorry u had such a rough nite, linville.

Who would have thunk that a chocolate bar could do that?

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 08-18-2016

Too early for first day of school. Geeze louise, fire.

Happy thursday, pioneer woman.

Good job.

Thanks Charon
I wish the avatar had a bit more color so I might be on the lookout

It is the caffeine in the chocolate I am thinking but it could be more ...

But yes for sure diseases do feed on the sugar ...,good point

RE: Cafe Linville - Popster - 08-18-2016

Happy day to all my friends.

Charon.....yes the sun is my friend....but starting last year I have to keep it at a distance.  My walks have changed from the beaches near me to the shady Redwoods.

Linville......  I did a little research...because I thought sugar was the culprit....but I was wrong:

"Caffeine is a more reliable source of energy than sugar, but comes with its own negative impacts on your sleep. What you may not realize is that caffeine stays in your system for up to 12 hours. Despite what you think, those six cups of coffee are definitely affecting your sleep. Even if you do manage to get some shut eye, overconsumption of caffeine can mean tossing and turning throughout the night."

But the sugar is really worse for you.....I recently saw a documentary that labeled it a "poison".......and my food nutrition chart in the kitchen lists the value of all the different foods with a Plus factor (the scale is 1 to 100) and lists soda pop as having a minus 12 factor........surprisingly the best fruit is watermelon.  I usually don't drink soda, but I had a coke yesterday and it has 48 friggin grams of sugar...that's 1 and 3/4 ounces of sugar. Put that in your hand to give perspective.  Very Very bad.

Odwalla was making my favorite "health" drinks....until I looked at the sugar contents.....phony baloney. Their super food (the green one) has "Sugars 36g"....and now Odwalla is owned by Coca Cola.....the free market system is tricky business.....everyone must protect themselves with knowledge.....

Watch out for those "health bars".....most are candy bars with way over 20 grams of sugar.

Okay one last word and I will stop....but this is the worst fact of all:  When you look at the ingredients of any product you will see the ingredients listed as a percentage of the RDA.  Go now to your pantry and notice the only ingredient NOT listed as a percentage is sugar...because EVERY product has MORE than the 100% RDA....this exception is the direct result of the sugar industry lobbyists........as you can tell, I am very upset about this and am trying to educate my family and friends......I am an activist about sugarSmile

Okay......end of rant Rolleyes

Hi Popster,

I like information too ...thanks for taking the time to talk about this.

H yes a lot of the so called health drinks are loaded with way too much sugar.

I try to choose something as simple as bread with zero sugar in it and check it out sometime it is hard to do.
They put sugar in everything....just like salt.

Oncologists will tell you that cancer feeds on sugar.
I do choose something sweet at times but I also know that moderation is my friend.

Keep on educating us....