IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Cricket - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 02:45 AM)Orange rabbit Wrote: Coffee any kind and Diet Coke .   They are my vices
OR

OR my friend, PLEASE don't drink ANY diet drinks. They are full of aspartame sp? and W A Y worse than drinking the ones with all of the sugar. That artificial sweetener is POISON and will eventually make you sick or dead. It's even been proven that it can actually cause weight gain, so if it's your weight you're concerned about, you are doin' yourself much more harm than good.
All of the sugar is not great, but a lot safer than that devil Aspartame. Do some research on it and learn the truth about it. It might (should) change your mind.

We don't need you having more health issues than you have already. You're playin' with fire with that crap.

Cricket

(11-21-2016, 12:00 PM)TommyGun Wrote: I used to drink coke a lot when i was young,ended up with a bladder infection,it was only found cos i had to have a medical to go on a schools week long holiday in the summer.
Not touched it since,it was the one in the red n white can,the big one.

Only had 3 hours sleep last night for some reason,forgot i have a mate coming to stay from tuesday til sunday morning,oh bloody hell space invaded for nearly a week.

Tho I can't put that Coke down, it has destroyed my teeth. Looks like mama was right about fussin' about loosing my teeth from all that Coke. Mama's always right. I know if she was here now she would be saying I told you so.

Ok mom, you were right. You win.

Cricket

RE: Cafe Linville - Orange rabbit - 11-22-2016

Cricket for real about the Diet Coke? I have been drinking it for ever!
OR

And the real coke is sooooo sweet. What do I do?
OR

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 04:45 AM)Orange rabbit Wrote: Cricket for real about the Diet Coke?   I have been drinking it for ever!
OR

And the real coke is sooooo sweet.  What do I do?
OR

Excuse me for a min Cricket, to help out Orange rabbit

She means it is better to be drinking real sugar that the aspartame...sweetener, true dat, IMO

I did so it can be done.

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 11-22-2016

Good Morning IOP ...

[Image: 2012-11-18-thanksgiving-drinking.jpg]

Well here we go ... Thanksgiving! The rush is on ... Look, all BullShirt aside .. Just be careful from now till ... Well forever now... Seems like folks just lose the mind and their supposed to have joy around this time .. For a "holiday" it just don't seem as "festive" as it was when I was wee ..

It was and still should be, about family, helping those less fortunate, not how much you get ... We have turned the best time of the year into a bigger "rat race" than it should have ever been ... Folks should take the time to reflect on what they have been blessed with and how fortunate they are to have the family they do have and not so much on trivial crap ...

Just saying .. "He who has the MOST TOYS when they leave here DOES NOT WIN"

Have a wondelful holiday season my friends and appreciate what you do have, not what you don't ...

Remember to love one another today and smile ... There is good all around you ..

Ice

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Look familiar?

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 11-22-2016

Good Morning Friends and Readers.

I did not get much sleep and It is going to be a rough day.

But it is hump day, and tomorrow is like Friday with Thursday & Friday off.

Have a good day all.

Ice good post, and that is how it is.

RE: Cafe Linville - NovemberRain - 11-22-2016

Hi Orange Rabbit! 

I used to drink Diet Coke in the morning, first thing. Then I'd go through a drive thru on my way to work and get a very large Diet Coke. Then I'd drink more for lunch. I would drink it all day long. Then I'd drink it when I got home. I also kept some by my bed on my nightstand in case I woke up thirsty. I did this for YEARS. So did my friends. No water, no milk, no juice. Just Diet Coke.  Sick  Unless I had cold cereal, then I'd have milk, but only then.  Confused

Then we heard things about Aspartame. I knew I didn't like the way Diet Coke tasted with Aspartame as much as I did before they began using it. It was SO much better before they used Aspartame! I don't know what they used, probably Sweet N' Low (saccharin). 

Well, I finally realized how dehydrated I was, since that's ALL I drank. I looked it up and saw the symptoms and I also read an article somewhere about how so many teens and young adults are dehydrated due to all the diet soda they drink. 

Well, I found that you can buy Diet Coke that is made with Splenda. I am sure there are similar warnings about it, but I have found that I do not get that dehydrated feeling when I drink a Diet Coke that is made with Splenda. Sometimes it's hard to find, and it tastes different, but now I like it much better than the Diet Coke with Aspartame. I know many say there are risks with all artificial sweeteners. But I have to say I like it much better than Aspartame. 

I have cut back on how much I drink. Instead I drink a lot of Iced Tea, but I still use artificial sweeteners. I use Sweet N' Low with my Iced Tea.  Undecided   Blush

Abigail  Heart

(11-20-2016, 10:50 PM)Linville Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 06:17 PM)Abigail Wrote: Well, I don't drink coffee, but can I still come here?  Rolleyes

It isn't that I do not like the taste (and smell) of coffee. I LOVE IT! But I don't like drinking things that are hot. I prefer cold drinks with lots of ice and a straw!

As for coffee, I love Frappuccinos! And thankfully coffee also comes in the form of...ICE CREAM! I have some Dreyer's Coffee flavor ice cream in the freezer calling my name right NOW! I often put chocolate chips in it. It is REALLY good that way! There is a brand I always forget the name of, I think Vons has it, called Java Chip. Oh my goodness. It isn't as sweet as Dreyer's Coffee ice cream, but it tastes like well, COFFEE! It is out of this world! I also love chocolate and See's chocolates has a coffee flavored "Mocha" chocolate (looks like a "Bordeaux" but is a rectangle) that is "coffee flavored" and they also have a coffee chocolate in their Truffles selection.  Heart

I'm going to go have some of my coffee ice cream right now, and read! And YES, this will be my breakfast!  Tongue

Abigail

Hi Abigail,   Smile

Of course you can come if you do not drink coffee .

Ice always has hot water on for hot tea and of course he has Ice for the chilled drinks you love, ice coffee, etc.

And you know what you don't really have to drink anything to come and sit a spell and talk.

We love to talk about nothing and also something so that has got to fit in with you, eh?  Tongue

Hi Roses, Charon , Fire, IceWizard, willie33, Slick, and our very own movie star Ms. Hepburn

and others I have not mentioned on the recent pages......BIG HELLO's

Thank you, Linville! Heart

And I'm glad Ice will be available!  Wink  I put ice in everything. Even my milk!  Rolleyes  Even when it's winter and cold out and raining, I'll be drinking Iced Tea in a HUGE plastic glass I have. 

"Plastic Glass"? That sounds funny. Isn't that an oxymoron? 

I love to talk about nothing (as I'm sure you've noticed) and also something, so yes, that definitely fits in with me.  Cool  

Thanks for the welcome! Let me know what you want me to bring to your Cafe! Chips? Salsa? Chocolate? I'm a "snacker" so I'll just bring all kinds of snacks! Virtual Snacks have no calories.  Big Grin

Abigail  Heart

Oh believe me Ice is always available ... Smile

Ice

RE: Cafe Linville - nickolyko - 11-22-2016

Well I like so much of zero coke with lot of Ice. And I like apartame everywhere . In my coffee , in sweets, in food . I guess I cant live without it. I love zero coke maybe more aspartame in it , more than diet coke. And I love ice and ice ream even in winder time . I drink a lot of frape coffe in glass with ice cubes.Everybody in my country loves frape coffee. Everyone ever came here under the hot Greek sun by the sea enjoy it . I wonder how many members here had vocations on the aegean islands . And I need a sigarette with my coffee each one for every coffee . But I dont really smoke a lot. Just one for every cup or with a good red wine maybe. Sometimes living is an art , and good life is sure a great art. Giving small pleasures to yourself that makes a difference between depression and happiness.. Maybe you can share small pleasures the one you love that luckily also enjoys those small precious moments next to you. I love the way Italians start their day, a good espeso with gorgontzola perhaps. Or with some honey and goat milk and good coffee like we do here. Have a nice day all of you.

I'd tell ya what I have with my coffee ... (but it breaks our rules here Smile) But it works for me ...

Quit smokin those "coffin nails" in March ...

Ice

RE: Cafe Linville - Dancing Wolf - 11-22-2016

My Confession:

I am totally addicted to the new "real" Coke in glass bottle (made with "real sugar")
Seriously. I try to keep at least one in my house - like "open in case of emergency". LOL
Can only find them at 2-3 little mini marts here.
My poor grandson goes in and gets them for me.

I keep them and when I'm feeling very sad or bad or in lot of pain, stressed like I can't take anymore, wishing I wasn't alive - I pop that metal top right off and feel just a little better!
I guzzle big swig and my mind is flooded with good memories of my childhood,
great times with my cousins and friends, joyful ignorance of youth, living In the moment like a child, no worries
only the joy that came with getting a very occasional soft drink (we weren't allowed very often).

Then the Coke bottle is empty. .... and Reality returns.
ROTFL

But the beautiful Memories linger for a while