IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 10-24-2015

Oh.... I just took myself off ignore just to see if I'd been banned as well... Ok ... Doesn't look like it.... Yet ...

That's it .. I'm puttin myself back on ignore....

RE: "Good Morning" - Shayna - 10-25-2015

Athena, glad to be here Smile

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 10-25-2015

(10-24-2015, 09:28 PM)IceWizard Wrote: Linville... I do believe that
Cafe' Linville is a smashing success!

I for one want to thank you for such a wonderful idea...

And btw... That breakfast plate is great....

Ice

Thanks  "IceWizard". The Good Morning thread, Cafe Linville is a good watering hole and clearing house for us folks. I am glad you say so too. Means a lot….and YOU came up with a clever name.

I didnt mean for those pictures to be so big, ha but I will try and be a little more reasonable in the future, grins. Hope nobody got their eyes hurting seeing such large images so early, well anytime really, ha.

Oh Hi Shayna good to see you on the GM thread.  Smile

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 10-25-2015

Good Morning IOP....

Sunday.... Man... Getting closer to moving day! I can hardly wait... We actually start tomorrow, since the senoir center's gonna let us use their box truck... Wait a minute... I hear that 'ole coffeepot spittin out it's last effort... Brb...

Ahhh man I just love the taste of a good hot cup-0-joe most anytime but mornings, they're the best... Brb...

Whew... The ole bong is workin double time this morn! Must be Lucy... She's got a kick like a mule downhill! ..

My Grandpaw used to sit me on his knee when I wasn't more than maybe 2 and let me sip dark roast, no sugar coffee out of a tablespoon... He always had coffee with him, even had one of those containers that you pump the top and dispense liquid into your cup... Took it everywhere! I would guess that started me off with the coffee thing... That would make it ___ years that I've been drinkin the stuff! (just fill in the blank lol) ...

Hey all you n00bz ... Don't just stand on the outside and look in the window! We have a great time here at Cafe' Linville ... So come on in and join the convo... Hey you may even like us after a while! (well maybe not me so much, but there's plenty of real good folks here)

Anywhoo .. . Here's hope that all will have a wonderful, pain and stressless day today (especially our dear Charon, she's been too over worked)

Don't forget to turn out the lights,...

Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - snappy71 - 10-25-2015

good morning all you fine people...

it's a drizzly, rainy morning here and I've already had my usual two cups....I have to say that the first one in the morning is extra special....how it fills the air with that wonderful aroma while it brews....the taste of that first hot sip...hot and smooth...

you all have convinced me that I should take my time and enjoy some more...

be well my friends and enjoy one of life's simpler pleasures and all the memories that come with it..

p.s. good luck with the move Ice...I moved a little over two years ago and i'm still not 100% unpacked....haha

RE: "Good Morning" - airraid101 - 10-25-2015

good morning all hope weekend has been great!

RE: "Good Morning" - snappy71 - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 03:57 PM)Harley Wrote: Good Morning All

I am just getting to my first cup of coffee today.  I was up late last night watching mindless TV.  And I do mean mindless.  I was just surfing through all the zillion channels I never use and dear god for me it was like TV OVERLOAD... Where do they come up with all these stupid shows?  Seriously,  I watch about 4 shows faithfully and two are off till next season.  So it was 10 mins watching this, switch, hmmm what is this?, Oh my, on to the next, until I settled into a Food Network Chopped show and finalized my night.

LOL, anyone here remember when Newtorks signed off for the night?  Some played the National Anthem and then them dar bars came on the screen.  

Ice, feeling you on the move.  It sucks.  Good time to clean house, but it isn't the reason one wants to.  My move this time is way different as I an taking nothing back except me and my clothes.  I don't even need anything from my kitchen as what I have at home is far better.  So I am selling it all or will give it away or last day trash it...  Easy peesy, for once.

Today I am going for a walk in the Forrest Preserve.  I want to see the fall foiliage before it's all over.  Still a lot of color left and will take some pics, etc.,  Maybe find a frog or two scampering around in the leaves that I can catch and humanely chase both "Popster and Zander" with to see if the resemble my picture afterwards.

Linville thank you for making the Mornings Threads as "Cafe Linville" is such a great, fuzzy way to start our days.  Just a nice quiet moment to share and bond with all here.  

Fireplaces, enjoy your day as tomorrow it is back to "breakfast and lunch" making.

Audrey, yup da Bears are on a Bye week, but my Vikings are playing at noon so might catch a bit.  LOL, they should beat the Lions, but have no hope of going anywhere this year.

Everyone, Enjoy your Sunday!!!
@Harley, that is so funny you remember the nets actually signing off....I do too...I can remember as a kid getting up way too early on a Saturday and the only thing on tv were all these farm programs (or some test pattern) until the net came alive with the national anthem followed by my cartoons, etc.....we had all of 5 or 6 channels back then and actually had to get off of our rear ends to change the channel....imagine that!!   haha  ...life was so much simpler way back then ....not a bad thing....I miss it when I think of it and don't envy the youth of today who are growing up without that.....thanks for the post, it brought back some good memories for me....

RE: "Good Morning" - airraid101 - 10-26-2015

good morning all hope weekend was great !

RE: "Good Morning" - Shayna - 10-26-2015

Good morning everyone!

I'm up and working from home. However, my husband is still sleeping.

I should be a good wife and let him be ...?

RE: "Good Morning" - Shayna - 10-26-2015

(10-26-2015, 02:47 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: So Shayna, how late did he sleep?

Actually not too late, because the phone started ringing -- and he has a bad habit of taking the cordless phone receiver and putting it on his side of the bedroom area, usually under a pile of stuff.  So I had to follow the sound, while trying to find it. 

The thing is, no one was on the line when I got to the receiver, probably some Robo-caller looking for political contributions, etc.

So after the phone debacle, I gently talked to him to nudge him awake.  We just finished paying bills (I got paid last Friday, and I like to do bill pays on Saturday, but he didn't feel like it this weekend).