IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Popster - 04-07-2017

Winter is still here on the west coast......rain and heavy winds....the kind of winter that makes you think "climate change".

Heading for the coffee Smile make yourself a good day.

RE: Cafe Linville - reilli - 04-07-2017

Glad to be here Linville! It's another gorgeous day, doors and windows open with a soft breeze blowing. Bison hot dogs on the grill.

Just posted a video on the music thread and checking out some tunes.

Have a great day!

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 04-07-2017

Hi Popster.
Hi reilli.
Oh grilling ....sounds good.
It is cold and rainy for me no windows open here . Ha.

[Image: tumblr_olnreab49Q1unerg8o1_500.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - DonJuan1769 - 04-09-2017

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to take a minute and say that waking up on Palm Sunday and being part of a new group that is welcoming with open arms and nonjudgmental put a smile on my face early. I am the talkative type but not really the open online participation type, online bc I'm a little reserved, but this place is already making me open up a little. Thanks

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 04-09-2017

Good Morning Everyone.  Smile

Hi DonJuan I see you found the Cafe' good seeing ya. 
You will find some very good people here. 
It Is true!

It is going to be a gorgeous day in the neighborhood.

[Image: good-morning-1434.gif]

RE: Cafe Linville - reilli - 04-09-2017

And a good day to you as well! I'm looking foward to a relaxing Sunday and hope the same for you all!

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 04-10-2017

Good Morning Everybody.

Coffee time.

RE: Cafe Linville - Popster - 04-10-2017

Hello my friends.......had my second hand repair procedure ....very much like a surgery (first one was a failure).
This time around it was so friggin painful I had a feeling it was gonna work.....and indeed it did....it's not perfect, but neither am I....but am quite pleased.

Now my Doc says I have a 24% chance of a heart attack in the next ten years (based on blood work).....I wrote her that I prefer to think of it as a 76% chance of NOT having a heart attack. suggests I take Lipitor.....I prefer exercise and diet as my first course of action and that's what I am doing.

Going to Docs is like taking your car to a mechanic.....they are paid to find something wrong.....this is good....and bad. Requires personal and thoughtful intervention on my part........at my age if there isn't something wrong.....well, that would be wrong.....know what I mean?

Some jerk side swiped me the other day.....car is going to Auto body shop today............funny thing is, I say the guy driving dumbly and said to myself..watch out for this guy and changed out of his lane. the signal changes and 1/4 mile later he is drifting into my lane....bamm. Saw it ahead of time and still couldn't avoid it.......made me smile as the irony replaced the anger.

I am smiling....hope you are too Smile

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 04-10-2017

glad its working out. i bet more people have much higher rates of heart attack in ten yrs. And, Lipitor did not help my late husband in any way shape or form.

We gotta be our own doctors. Just get ur tests. As i was always told by my medical doctor sister, doctors and esp surgeons don't make a dime if they don't perform work or do surgery on one.

Now, they are trying to get us to take medical tests galore. Bah.

Hope your hand feels better soon.

RE: Cafe Linville - Popster - 04-10-2017

I know you and I are on the same page as regarding Docs Smile I always listen to what they have to say....and then rely on my own counsel.

Yes...the medical/lab tests are a blueprint for pharmacology and that industry. I have learned to read my lab tests pretty good.....all the docs prescribe (like mechanical robots) meds based on lab test......good idea, poorly implemented.

thanks for well wishes Smile