IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: "Good Morning" - Roses - 11-24-2015

Good Morning Harley. It's good that you are able to be on the internet until the installation is done.

Best wishes getting your errands done today in your new area & I hope your day is kind to you.

Morning Fireplaces. You have a good day.

Good Morning Willie. I hope you have a good Tuesday.

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 11-24-2015

Harley... So glad things are workin out for you, instead of workin against you... Movin always seems like it's all uphill for some odd reason....

Anywhoo... Good to see ya made it...

Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 11-24-2015

Wow Fire... We musta posted at the same time(you musta hit the button a little quicker..lol)...

Have a blessed day ...

Ice

Hi Fireplaces. My sister does all the cooking for Thanksgiving & we eat at my dad's house. I do all the clean up when we are done eating. And I'll spend today cleaning my dad's house. The turkey fits in our old turkey pan & I believe my sister said it will take 4-5 hours to cook it.

Hope you have a good Tuesday fire.

Hi Harley. I don't know where my mind is at to think a turkey that big wouldn't need to cook for a good 8hrs. lol I guess I was thinking of other years when the turkey was a more reasonable size. My sister is putting the bird in around 8am so that we eat around 5pm. This will be the first year that we aren't stuffing the turkey. I feel like such an idiot to have misspoke like that. I guess you can tell why I am not the one that does the cooking in my family. lol

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 11-25-2015

If I had to worry about all my "mis-spoken" ramblings, i'd never get to say anything.... No worry Ms Roses... We all do that 'round here...lol

Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 11-25-2015

Good Morning IOP....

Hump Day!! ....
[Image: 159740-Hump-Day.jpg]

The coffee's hot and my bong is still smokin... Turkeyday is closer and closer... I do hope it finds each of y'all doin great... Visiting family(like here) and close friends(like here)...

Although Thanksgiving means basicly the same thing to all us Americans... We all do different things... Some(like me) eat waaaay tooo much and blow up liken to a blimp!! And to others, maybe quiet time watchin the game or just chattin up "the good ole days"...

Whatever it is you do, just be safe goin from place to place, cause those that can't seem to hold their liquer(sp) are going to be out in force... Let's all be able to log-in come fri-sat... And not from the ER....

Anywhooo... Have a great day today... You deserve it....

I'll catch y'all in the funny papers...

Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - airraid101 - 11-25-2015

Good Morning all hope everyone is having a great holiday season thus far best wishes to all!!!! Shy Heart

a good deep fried wild turkey is GREAT this time of year   . just sayin   luv em

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 11-25-2015

(11-24-2015, 02:05 AM)Harley Wrote: Linville, we all love talking to you!!!

(11-24-2015, 09:28 AM)IceWizard Wrote: Good Morning IOP...

Well I seem to be back at my regular time... At least today anyway... Coffee is doin it's thing and by the sound... It's ready... Brb...

it's good to know that our Cafe' Linville remaines wide open and full of life... It would be so nice if ALL our members came here and got in the mix... They'd soon find out we don't bite as hard as we look like we do...lol

Somewhere... Somebody said they thought we were "cliquiesh"... I fail to see that... Everybody I've met here have welcomed me with "open arms" and I was the greenest thing goin.... Everybody tried helping me ans wishing me well .... There were offers to help... How is that "cliquesh".... I must be readin the wrong definition or somthin.... 
Well I'll finally shut up... For now...

Ice

(11-24-2015, 12:28 PM)Roses Wrote: Good Morning IOP!  I hope you all had a good night's sleep & that you're feeling good this morning.  I am feeling ok, which is alright.  I woke to a truly beautiful sunrise.  With streaks of pink, red & orange in the eastern sky.  It went down into the teens last night & it will only be in the 40s today.  

Morning IceWizard.  I love what you said in your post about keeping the community feeling here at iop.  I agree with everything you said.  I hope you have a terrific day.

Morning Kona.  I hope all is well & that you have a good Tuesday.

Good Morning Linville.  I hope you had another good night's sleep & that your day is kind to you.

=========================================================================================
Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning, .........Well you get the point, ha ha
=========================================================================================

Let me say a special thank you to Harley for making my day reading you can willfully admit that you enjoy talking to me. no no J/K But really.. 
Thank you Harley.  Smile  

I was concerned after I posted the captioned picture saying that I love to drink my morning coffee and not talk to anyone etc. someone might get the wrong idea.....so thank you for not only understanding me but replying to me. Your the best.

Hey Ice I am saying the same thing that I think it is simply Great that Cafe Linville is always open, even in the middle of the nigh because of course it is always morning somewhere, right CL?

Oh BTW when I mention beverage of choice, I have always meant for those that are not coffee drinkers but now since you mentioned it CL in a LOL way maybe there is some Irish coffee drinkers as well....So I guess that counts too, ha

Ice I am a bit mystified about someone saying we are cliquish, I will respond that is like the pot calling the kettle black. 

Thank you Roses for the hope I get more than one good nights sleep , and I have, so thank you for noticing I was so happy to get the first one, ha. 
You know most of us realize how something like that is even worthy to mention. Getting a good nights sleep.  I don't take for granted.

Leaving with this example of me most of the time....LOL  ....Have a great day everyone!  Heart Y'all

[Image: tumblr_nyd7hkH2X41ujm6mpo1_250.jpg]

RE: "Good Morning" - Roses - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 01:31 AM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Hey Roses,
I found a turkey recipe in Goumet magazine about 9-10 years ago that is so simple and so delicious that I will never ever use another again. This will have to be adjusted for 27lbs, but it's incredible.
My turkeys are always about 13-15lbs. Make sure the turkey is completly thawed, and patted dry. Also make sure you start with a clean oven. Sprinkle salt and pepper on turkey. Don't cover at all. Put the turkey in a 450 degree oven for 2 1/2-3 hours. (Remember, my turkeys are smaller). It works so perfectly because you are jacking the temp so high that the turkey stays moist and cooks throughout. You have to start with a clean oven because there will be splatters from cooking it like this...and you will have to clean it again when finished.
You may be able to go online and google Gourmet/Turkey or some combination but like I said it is so easy and good I will never try another turkey recipe ever.

Hi Audrey & thank you for this turkey recipe.  I'm going to mention this to my sister,  she roasts the turkey the same way my mom did for years.  Your recipe sounds good & it makes sense that it would stay good & moist because of cooking it at such a high temperature.  I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving Audrey.

Good Afternoon Everyone! I hope you all had a good morning & that your day is going well.

Afternoon Kona. Gosh I'm sorry that you aren't feeling too good. Rest & take care.