IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 12-13-2015

Good Morning IOP....

[Image: 221587-Good-Morning-Family-And-Friends-Happy-Sunday.jpg]

Sunday.... I hope today finds all in good sprirts and feelin well... Coffee is already made and my AM ritual is about to start... Brb...

Holy Smokes! Lol....

I notice MCS passed through here yesterday... Cool... Everybody ought to stop in from time to time.... I mean how else is anybody gonna get to know and understand anything about someone if we never say anything... Sheesh... IOP's are all over... Good ones... Not so much... But we here have a good thing going for our members... We try to help others, so it sure makes that easier if "friends help friends"...

We all here are in some kind of private hell and sometimes just having someone... Anyone to listen or maybe even offer up a little insight from their experience could give that one person a reason to push through and make another day.... To me that's what this whole fam damily is about... We look out for each other in one way or another... Sometime it helps to know that there are others that can relate to your situation and you're not alone...

That's just what we do.... They've tried the rest... Now here come the best....

Btw... I haven't seen Fire or Linville for a minute... Hope all is well with them.... I know Linville has been "raked over the coals" as of late with his J O B ... That'll take it's toll on ya... Stress is a mudder....

Ok... Remember to keep our Charon in your minds and prayers.... God bless her heart!!

Y'all have a great day today.... No stress... No pain...

L8r
Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - willie33 - 12-13-2015

Good morning, friends. Been away a couple of days, so I need to catch up. Smile

[Image: 221593-Good-Morning-Everyone.jpg]

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 12-13-2015

Good Morning Ice. Good Morning willie33. Good Morning Cricket .....You guys are the best!

Sorry I have not been posting in the thread but..........well I will just leave it at that ....just so you All know I am thinking of you.  Smile

Post when you can my friend...

We're all still hangin at Cafe' Linville... We've even had some new folks drop by!

Take care of yourself...

Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - Rose5555 - 12-13-2015

Hi friends, I have a little question - I've been wondering why this fantabulous Good Morning thread is also called Cafe Linville, and, indeed, whether it is named after our mutual friend, Linville - and if so, why.  
Now I feel very demanding!
Virtual hugs to all,
Rose5555 (I really must find a better short form of my screen name!)

Roses5555...

A long, long time ago in a land far far away... Naw... Nuttin like that...

Linville suggested that he would start a thread so we could meet up in the AM .. Drink our selected beverages... And shoot the breeze 'bout anything and nothin... Kinda like a little cafe'... Soooo I may have suggested the Cafe' Linville just to kinda put a homie-er (is that a word) touch on thingz... Musta stuck...

But it's named in honor of our good friend Linville...

Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - Charon - 12-13-2015

Ice gets all the credit for the title Cafe Linville.

I remember u suggesting, in a post, that it be called that. or, in the alternative, u just snuck in the name, Ice. LOL.

hey, i cannot remember all. But, I know our Ice Wizard, with his handsome new avatar, bestowed the kindness of a title, so to speak, on our Good Morning Thread. Cafe Linville.

He is just humble. so, I squeal the truth. LOL.

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 07:36 PM)Rose5555 Wrote: Hi friends, I have a little question - I've been wondering why this fantabulous Good Morning thread is also called Cafe Linville, and, indeed, whether it is named after our mutual friend, Linville - and if so, why.  
Now I feel very demanding!
Virtual hugs to all,
Rose5555 (I really must find a better short form of my screen name!)

Hi Roses5555, 

I checked in and saw your post after reading Sir Ice's reply to mine earlier so maybe I will chime in here.....some.

I think others can as well.

So, I started this Good Morning Thread,  yes it is" Cafe Linville" with me in mind.

I was nearly a Pioneer Member (darn just missed it, ) and wanted to have a spot everyone can kind of gather and chat or talk about their day, what is going on or just relax and talk about nothing. 

Kind of a starting out spot for the day.....or anytime you felt like stopping by....an ending point too.

Just like a Coffee Shop Cafe, you know?

So, then one morning  IceWizard mentioned that it should be like a Cafe....because we all got to gathering here and said hi good morning or sometimes even good night, and that is ok.....so it became an un-official name of;

"Cafe Linville".

then some others agreed with what Ice said,  FirePlaces, and Kittycat,  and more....but the point is made for you Roses5555. 

Where you can stop by and chat or just sit a bit. Don't have anything in particular in mind that's okay.

No judging of others but acceptance and helping another. 

I hope to have given it the justice that Ice would.

Does this put it the way you would Ice ? ...to give an answer as to why our wonderful Good Morning Thread is unofficially called, Cafe Linville

((Hugs)) right back atcha Roses5555 , thx I needed one.

Anyone else,  say your take, but this is mine.

Hope everyone is having a pain and stress free day as much as possible.  Smile

PS.
(hope there is not too many grammar mistakes causing misunderstandings )

RE: "Good Morning" - IceWizard - 12-14-2015

Good Morning IOP....

[Image: 218176-Its-Monday.jpg]

The coffee is made and my "equiptment" is in place, so here I go again... Brb..

Good golly miss Molly! ...

Linville....My good friend... You said thingz just right... Then again, you always do... I, sir, am proud to have made your aquaintance... See it's folks like we have here that make all the "jerks" in the world, just a little more "tolerable"... Like Linville said... His Cafe is in fact is a jugmental free zone.... We try not to have problems, yet we shoot for the solution..

One by theirself, may feel alone, but with so many in the family, we just may be able to come up with a shred of hope... And that could mean everything!

On another great note....
CHARON'S BACK!!!

Wow has she been missed!! ... Brb..

Had to "celibrate" just a bit...lol...

Ok folks... I'll shut my face a little(don't get used to that) ...

Have a stress and pain free day....

Ice

RE: "Good Morning" - Linville - 12-14-2015

Good Morning Everybody.

I hope you have a pain and stress free day.

Myself, I have strained my back, whilst working on plumbing so I can tell my day is going to be rough.

Maybe if I grab the heating pad while I sit here writing , BRB, OK this will get warm in a jiffy....Now my coffee you and the heating pad, that is how this Monday is starting out.

Hahah ha

Ice thanks for confirming my response as I recalled it.
And Charon has a memory like you would not believe. Hi there Charon. Good Morning to YOU.

I feel the heat feeling better, it is y lower back of course sitting Indian style and leaning towards the front which caused it, I figure.
Why O why couldn't it have been at least something fun.....just saying.

I will leave this, for us to get started with, more just to the side;

[Image: tumblr_nqs5vcbqJI1rivnsyo1_1280.jpg]

This is for Charon, something of beauty;

[Image: tumblr_nyh270T8Ez1s6taa7o1_500.jpg]