IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Rose5555 - 01-11-2016

Good morning all - I haven't got here until afternoon, UK time, it's that kind of Monday morning. Here's hoping you all had weekends free of stress and pain, and enjoyable too if we are lucky. I had nine dogs in my house yesterday - I had a puppy party as one of my two cocker spaniels had a litter last year and I invited all the new owners of the puppies back to celebrate the first birthday. That should have been in November but it had to be postponed till now because of my operation. We walked in the rainy, muddy woods - a dog's dream - and then came back to food I had prepared, which the spaniels tried to steal from us at every juncture. It was chaotic and hilarious and for once, my own two dogs were not the worst behaved.
I've done two exercise classes now and the next is tomorrow. Fireplaces, you asked what sort I did and it is military fitness - an ex soldier turned fitness instructor takes a group of us out into a park and makes us run around like crazy, while doing loads of press-ups, sit-ups, burpees, etc. Lots of people think it sounds gruesome but it is so much fun. There's a great team spirit and we are all very supportive of each other. I have some great friends from the group now too. Still having to take it easy and will be for some time (but that is only as easy as you can go with military fitness!)
So a big warm hello to all you coffee drinkers out there and also to those, like me, who don't quite "get" coffee and drink tea instead. Oh dear, does that mean I get banned from Cafe Linville?

RE: Cafe Linville - Roses - 01-11-2016

Good Morning Everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend & a good night's sleep last night. The weather today is totally different than yesterday. It's cold & very windy with snow showers. Today I will be stacking firewood at my dad's house for his wood stove. It is hard on my back & hands but I enjoy being physically active. It keeps my mind ok. I am hoping you all have a good Monday with your pain & anxiety under control.

RE: Cafe Linville - Cricket - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 02:38 PM)Rose5555 Wrote: Good morning all - I haven't got here until afternoon, UK time, it's that kind of Monday morning. Here's hoping you all had weekends free of stress and pain, and enjoyable too if we are lucky. I had nine dogs in my house yesterday - I had a puppy party as one of my two cocker spaniels had a litter last year and I invited all the new owners of the puppies back to celebrate the first birthday. That should have been in November but it had to be postponed till now because of my operation.  We walked in the rainy, muddy woods - a dog's dream - and then came back to food I had prepared, which the spaniels tried to steal from us at every juncture. It was chaotic and hilarious and for once, my own two dogs were not the worst behaved.  
I've done two exercise classes now and the next is tomorrow. Fireplaces, you asked what sort I did and it is military fitness - an ex soldier turned fitness instructor takes a group of us out into a park and makes us run around like crazy, while doing loads of press-ups, sit-ups, burpees, etc.  Lots of people think it sounds gruesome but it is so much fun.   There's a great team spirit and we are all very supportive of each other. I have some great friends from the group now too. Still having to take it easy and will be for some time (but that is only as easy as you can go with military fitness!)
So a big warm hello to all you coffee drinkers out there and also to those, like me, who don't quite "get" coffee and drink tea instead. Oh dear, does that mean I get banned from Cafe Linville?

Don't feel bad Rose. I'm neither a coffee or tea drinker. I'm a Coke kinda gal, but I guess they allow me in here because it's caffeine too. But, it's really cold this morning so I might just have to have a nice hot cup of coffee for a change.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Oh, how rude of me. Blush
Good morning everyone. May your day be fantastic.
Ok, gotta go start my chirping for the day.

Cricket

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 01-11-2016

Hey guys and gals......

What was it 17 degrees this morning and they are threatening us with heavy snow squalls at evening drive time with a clipper, I love it,  Tongue 

Now why I am really writing .....Ice, my friend get better. I know you are trying but I am just saying I am in your corner rooting for you.

Do what they said to get well my friend.

GM Roses.  Smile 

Still whistling Harley but I don't see any dwarfs or snow yet......maybe the Snow White later in the day, ha .... Tongue

RE: Cafe Linville - Stripers - 01-12-2016

Dress warm, warm coffee!
Just tried some caffeine anhydrous and l theanine with the morning Joe. Fired up at work early, early this morning I was. Apparently this combo is a great starter nootropic supplement.
I loved it. Coffee and caffeine woke me right up. No jitters or crash thanks to the l theanine. Just a suggestion for the cold mornings ahead.
Enjoy all!

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 01-12-2016

Good Morning IOP....

[Image: 216903-Funny-Tuesday-Morning-Quote.jpg]

Well let me get this coffee in me.... Ahhh...

I want to start of be thanking all those who wished me well... This ole cough has been hauntin me for a few minutes... They said they wanted to see me in a couple-0-weeks... Then yesterday, they called and told me they wanted me to go for some kinda scan.. CT I think they said it was... I don't know what that crap is all about... Said something 'bout somethin they saw could be like a "calcium deposit" from the South East Texas air all those years... Who would know...

Ok enough of all that junk...

That powerball has grown to $1.4 BILLION!!! Who wouldn't want a piece of that... They say, if you take a "lump sum payment" you could walk away with $868 MILLION!! Man I can't even wrap my ole knot around those kind of numbers.... Hey ... I'll even go out on a limb here, BUT.....If I should happen to hit that big a$$ed jackpot.. You know I could never spend all of it in my lifetime... So after takin care of my family IRL.... I promise y'all, my extended family, to PM each one of my dear friends here... Get your addy... And write you a check that may wiegh a few pounds.... What better way to say thanks for the love I've recieved from y'all.... Now I know the odds are certainly NOT in my favor, but I would be so happy to share with y'all... Hey maybe you think I'm full-0-stuffin , but that's just the way I am.... Especially my dearest Charon.... She deserves so much for what she does for all of us and it would really do me good to be able to do somethin like that....

Ok folks... I've been on inhalers, steroids and coffee (sorry Zander no NyQuil today..lol) so I'll shut it up...

Just remember to love one another today and smile for no apparent reason....

Ice

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 01-12-2016

Good Morning Everyone

I hope they have you on the mend Ice.

I found this and this we can have some fun with; A Little Play On the Movie?

I hope all is safe today. I want to buy a ticket and I dont know how but I might be able to find a clerk to help me and I will do same as you Ice.

[Image: tumblr_mf272iFOJK1ricfs3o1_500.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - willie33 - 01-12-2016

Good morning. Smile

[Image: 231072-Happy-Tuesday-Joy-And-Blessings.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - Stripers - 01-12-2016

Cool pictures. Hope you feel better Ice. And here's to one of us winning 1.5 billion!

RE: Cafe Linville - Zander - 01-13-2016

Iceman! No smarty remarks this day. Drink all the coffee you want (as long as it's decaf).... Sorry, I couldn't resist..=)  Just get better my friend.

╔╦═╗─╔╦══╗╔═╦╦═╗
╠╝╔═╗╠╩═╗───╠╝
╠╗─╔╣╠╗─╔╗──╔╣
╚╩═╩╝╚╩═╩╝─╚╩╩╝
────────────────────
╔╗──╔╗──╔╗╔╦══╗╔╗───╔╗
╚╣──╠╣──╠╝╠╩═╗─╠╝───╠╝
─╚╦╦╝╚╦╦╝─╠╗─╔╗╠╗─╔╗╠╗─╔╗
──╚╝──╚╝──╚╩═╩╝╚╩═╩╝╚╩═╩╝