IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 01-13-2016

Oh, our poor Iceman. No wonder he hath not cometh by as much of late.

keeping u in prayer.

meh. u missed getting kicked off or not getting on a lot. so, u missed very little here.

it is we whom miss you.

So, get better. (you know i stop and pray for ya, don't u?) And, i noted the lottery. You can't win it if you are not in it.

And, believing you will win can not hurt.

(a group of NJ office workers picked the perfect numbers but for a differing night in which they had not played. The numbers from a wrong night were read aloud to them, and they all believed they had won. they were all partying. one guy quit his job already. i feel badly for them.)

But, I like Ny's latest contest saying: You would make a much better rich person than...[insert name]. It is claimed by Lotto that one winner spent 750,00.00 to become a pet whisperer. Surely, they jest.

So, first win your health. And, as u feel better, hopefully u will hear u are the sole winner of all that money.

Rest. Always keep the chest area covered. If u cough hard, hold a pillow against ur ribs to prevent, well, breakage.

Sleep with three pillows if u r having trouble breathing.

Warm milk, with a tad of butter and some honey is mighty darn soothing at night.

(So, is Vicks Vapo Rub.)

I am glad u went to the doctor. These winter ailments can last awhile if one does not get the upper hand quickly.

Do not worry about anything else. You will get better. You will receive good news during ur follow up tests.

You will. (My partner was told he had COPD and a problem with his left ventricle when he went to the doctors. He had to stop all smoking. Couple weeks later, the new doctors, whom are good, said: what? u have no problems with COPD or with your left ventricle. Doctors are not God. So, let's deal with anything further, which i rebuke in Jesus' name, once u recover from all the darn running around u do. Rest a little. You will remain in my prayers, my friend.)

So, in lieu of Good Morning as I was going through clothing to organize, and carrying in large quantities of wood for the fireplace, GOOD EVENING AND GOOD NIGHT TO ALL.

May you all be blessed. And, be a blessing, as I see so many of you here are. (It's not spying. It is nice to know there exist so many kind and real people in this world. Awesome.)

Be free from anxiety and pain and turmoil. And, may those of you whom cannot sleep, may u be blessed with deep sleep and a glorious dream tonight.

RE: Cafe Linville - Charon - 01-13-2016

much simpler. well said.

i just gotta do the prayer thing and the pep talk. it is me.

nice to actually "see" u here again, my friend.

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 01-13-2016

Good Morning IOP....

[Image: 231188-Good-Morning-Have-A-Fabulous-Day-...nesday.jpg]

I first wanna start off by sayin that I'm touched by th warmest of well wishes my friends here have sent out to me.. It means so much...
Zander... Charon... MS Hepburn.... Stripers.... Ms Kitty... And surely .. Linville and Harley... You folks are truely the best... It is my extreme pleasure to have made y'all's aquaintance... Now I don't know what I'd do without y'all!

Hey... Coffee's ready... Brb...

You know that decaf stuff ain't so bad (mixed with a smidgen of powered caffine...lol)

And before I forget(which happens frequently) ... Charon that was the most beautiful prayer ... It makes me feel so good and I thank you for that, especially since you deal with much larger issues and you still find that light in you heart to lift someone else... That's why you are so special to me my dear... I'll never be able to repay all the kindness you've shown me... (maybe I can hit that ole powerball, then I'll make a down payment though!)

Ok... Almost 6... An the snow is everywhere( I hate snow) .. Driving in it really sux... Looks good on post cards!

I guess I'll have to s l o w l e y get into the little "podunk" town and get things started... Should be an easy day... Great!

Just remember to love one another today and smile for no apparent reason... It may lift someone's spirit that truely needs to pick-me-up....

Ice

RE: Cafe Linville - Roses - 01-13-2016

Good Wednesday morning everyone! I am hoping you are all feeling ok today & that you got a good night's sleep.

I am getting excited. My future daughter in law is due to have her baby on Saturday so it could be any day now that I get the call to go to the hospital. My son will be in the delivery room & so far he is very calm about the whole thing. I just hope she has a nice uneventful birth.

Fire.... Thank you my dear for the well wishes... Seems like everybody here really cares for one another and you just canlt get better than that... I appreciate the list of goodies for the chest congestion remedies. At this point, I'll give "most" anything a shot... The edibles are not a bad alternative to burning that's for sure.... Have yourself a wonderful day!!
Quote:http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?
tid=13...7#pid21347

Roses... Congradulations on the brand new little one coming into your life... They can be so much fun... Then you can send them home...lol hey I'm just kiddin...

Anywhooo .... Kiss the baby for me and give the parents my best...

Ice

RE: Cafe Linville - willie33 - 01-13-2016

Good morning, friends. IceWizard, I hope you are on the mend. Roses, it is exciting to be expecting a grand baby. Congratulations !

Shout out to all the fine people posting here - Charon, Zander, Fireplaces, Harley, Roses555, Shayna, Linville, Audrey Hepburn, Kittycat, Cricket, Stripers, and everyone else I might have missed.

Have a great day..Wink

[Image: 231146-Good-Morning-Wishing-You-A-Beauti...-Quote.jpg]

Thanks Willie... You always cheer me up with your fantastically funny pics! Keep em comin and I'll keep on chucklin....

Ice

RE: Cafe Linville - Cricket - 01-14-2016

(01-13-2016, 08:06 PM)Harley Wrote: Good Afternoon All

I hope everyone is having a "as good as can be" day.

I want all to know that tomorrow when I am a Billionaire I will still be asking all to spread some Sunshine whilst I am on a plane headed to permanent BLISS............. Right, only in my dreams.  Sigh.

I'm off work today.  I had stuff I had to get done and we had more snow so I was happy I didn't have to make that commute again after yesterday mornings fun filled drive.

I am getting ready to run out again.  It sure is cold out though.  Too cold for me at the moment, but I survive.

Well Harley, the numbers are out. I hope you did win. Wouldn't that be fantastic?
Good luck!

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 01-14-2016

Seems to be only one winner in Calif... And whiner in Ohio(me)... Sorry folks.. Sad

Good Morning IOP....

[Image: 224357-Life-Is-Nothing-Without-Good-Frie...ursday.jpg]

the weekend's gettin closer ans.d seems like I can almost smell it... Oh wait a minute.. That's the coffee... Brb...

Ahhhh always good! .. So far the ole cough acts like it's gettin better (or maybe I'm just workin it into my routine Wink ) Be that as it may, they put me on Chantix and told me I have had enough... So I think (I have it on the calander) the 23rd is my last day for the age old problem of "coffin nails"... I don't think mine would float in Great Salt Lake at this point in time! Such a vulgar way to spend anyones day, but way back then whenI picked up the nasty thingz, it was "cool" and hey I was only payin $2.50 for a carton of reds! Now ... Not even 1/2 a pack... Cool or not they gotta go... Doc said... Well that's another story...

Who wants more java... I do... Brb...

Yeah man!

Winter finally raised it's ugly head for the past couple-0-days and it made me think of how bad I really miss the South.. Now they're sayin it's really fixin to get cold... Hey don't break it out for my benifit! I was just fine in short sleeves....

Ok... I might as well"pinch off" all this crap and get to movin....

Just remember to love one another today and smile for no apparent reason...

My friends... Y'all are the best...

Ice

oh btw... Did I mention I hit 5 of the numbers last night!!

(to bad they were on 4 different cards...lol)

RE: Cafe Linville - Roses - 01-14-2016

Good Morning Everybody! It's very cold here & we only got 3-4 inches of snow on the ground right now. It concerns me because all my flowers in my perennial garden need a good thick layer of snow in order to make it through the winter. They are saying we might get more over the weekend.

Morning Ice, willie33 & FirePlaces. Thank you for your congratulations for my soon to be born grandbaby. Fire you asked about the pregnancy & all. It's been a really good time for her. She feels good & she is all baby. My only concern is that it takes about an hour to the hospital. But she is a RN so I take a lot of comfort from that.

And Good Morning to Linville, Harley, Zander, Rose5555, Audrey, Kittycat & the rest of the gang.

I hope you all have a good Thursday.