IOPList.Org
Ye ole Cafe - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ye ole Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=631)

RE: Cafe Linville - Linville - 01-30-2016

Well I am also one of the ones that cannot get logged on to this forum with my iPhone or iPad so that limits my ability to post a lot.

Once a few days ago I got one of them to log in but I usually get the 404 or it just cannot connect to the server, times out.

Popster Hi,

I wanted to tell you that I was sorry that I verbally said you have to take up the slack because of this. 
It was wrong of me to make you feel pressured, not that you did, that you had been asked to do something like that.

Please forgive me and this is supposed to be a stress free place so asking that was wrong of me . I am sorry. 

And I can only say that I will try and do better.....not being a bonehead and asking you, (or anyone)  to do something like that because I kept another thread going blah blah you know what I said.....but I now feel poorly for saying that because I posted freely I was not asked to .

Make sense?

I hope so.

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 01-30-2016

Good Morning IOP....

[Image: 93e6537ac0fd2b9d57b31219e3f014c4.gif]

Finally! For some reason, this week seemed like there were two "WTF's" in it ...(stole that from Willie)... Hey the coffee's ready... Brb..

Yea man!...

Let me get wound up this AM... Roses...
CONGRADULATIONS! ... There is nothing like a brand new little life that brings such joy and happiness to ours!! Everything is so freash and new... Kinda gives us a chance to "Get it Right" once again.... I am so happy for you.... Man I love hearing great stories!!

And for our lovely Roses5555... Sometimes it seems you can't catch a break... My mother raised "tropical fish" forever... They are so "iffy"... I mean when something went wrong, it went downhill quick!... "ICK" was bad... Cause spots and she had to "boil" and clean everything! Rocks, grass, filters, "fish toys"... Everything!! I'm not to sure about goldfish, even big ones... I know they're pretty hardy though... One goldfish introduced to a tropical fish tank can wipe out the whole lot overnight... (they don't even mix well) ... I'd say you've had quite enough things happen at once and by God you could use a {{{hugg}}}... Things will get going better soon... I'm sorry....

And Linville.... Man you don't owe any apoligy... We all know what you mean.. Hey if I can figure it out, you know Popster can...lol Sheeesh! If my brains truned into dynamite, I wouldn't have enough to blow my nose Smile ... Just don't stay gone!! Your name's on the marquee for God's sake!!... We'll get this connection problem taken care of soon...

Lookie here... The caffine must be a workin... And Zander will be on me again if I don't shut it up pretty quick...lol ... So I better zip it....

Before I do... Just wanted to say hi to Fire.... You seem to always have a kind word for folks and I thank you....
Fire and Ice... Kinda sounds like a song there somewhere!?!?.... I'm just nutz this AM... (moren usual I guess today Wink )

Ok I'm out...

Remember to love one another today... And I'm smilin cause it's Saturday!!...

L8r..

Ice

(good to see ya Harley... I'm here, but I'm slow... One of these days we'll all get our "connection" problems fixed... Fones or comps... But we can always keep each other in our hearts)

RE: Cafe Linville - willie33 - 01-30-2016

Good morning everyone. Have a great weekend. Smile

Roses, congrats on the grand baby. They are very special. I have two of my own.

Roses5555, I'm sorry to hear about your fish. When you have a pet that long it does hurt.

[Image: 234902-Spend-Time-With-Friends-This-Weekend.gif]

Good Morning to all the list members.

I am wondering if the problem logging on has something to do with mobile devices?

Harley are all your problems with mobile devices? Gosh Harley it sounds like you have taken on a full time job, are you still running wires?
Do you get overtime pay? ha ha

But yes I know exactly what you mean about all the moving around and stretching, reaching , stooping, twisting, pulling, climbing, being good for you and that you are starting to feel better rather than , Oh Great I feel sore .

I had a job where thee was this one co-worker who would always choose to do to easy control board position on the check out part of the installation, similar to what you have described.....
Well I would always do the outside part, which was quite involved with the verbs I just used describing the work.

So where am I going other than wandering around, well back to what you mentioned once in a post that you were starting to feel better doing all that..... 

I looked at it like I was moving around and it was good exercise. The job was for me a very large are let me say.
I had other co-workers hounding me to get the jobs switched around and MAKE them take their turn doing the physically hard part.....but I said meh I look at it as exercise.
Well guess what the operators said that the one that would always take the control board part of the check out said they didn't walk but waddled.
They got no exercise so their body stiffened up.....
They have all kinds of issues being stiff etc. in physical issues.......

So I always got kidded by one co-worker in particular asking me if I had my feed sack on today, as in  working like a horse! 
Ha ha We had lots of laughs about it .
I am still in my mind smiling ATM thinking about it relating it. Harley

Okay well Ice I have had the soapbox for a while now havent I......Grins  Tongue  

I better just skip getting coffee and cinnamon rolls and just give it back and leave with this message

Although some could argue it should be in the random thoughts thread, I just thought of it as I was relating life happening with regards to work.....make sense?

I hope your day is a good one, ALL.

[Image: tumblr_nzbbn7iyig1t0k6q7o1_1280.jpg]

Good Morning Fire.

Oh my I have forgotten so much......I wanted to wish Roses congratulations on her announcement of getting the stork to bring her a grandson.  Smile

Plus so many other comments but I will have to wait on the others.

==

( I just want to, gets the blues off my avatar, ugh. )

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 01-30-2016

Now That's the kind of convo that just brightens the wall of the Cafe'!! So good to see ...

Ice

Fire and Ice
BY ROBERT FROST

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice Is also great
And would suffice.

Here's a couple-0-pics I thought were kinda kewl...

[Image: FireAndIce.jpg]

[Image: fire_and_ice_by_therisingsoul-d6i9qdl.jpg]

[Image: FireandIce01.png]

Nough Said... Wink

RE: Cafe Linville - Popster - 01-30-2016

Not to worry Linville........yes it all makes sense.....your a kind soul and your thoughtfulness has touched me....
I am sorry you felt guilty....but I do understand......OK?
I would normally PM you about this.....but because you posted openly, I decided to respond openly, otherwise it might appear I am ignoring your post. Peace to you Wink

Hello everyone, please have a Happy Day.

We are having huge swells where I live because of El Nino....so I am going to my favorite ocean point to get up close.....it's a bit dangerous but very exciting. I am posting a couple of picts of this special spot.....wish you all could join me.

The first picture is the trail and the second pict is near where I end upSmile

(01-30-2016, 04:49 AM)Linville Wrote: Well I am also one of the ones that cannot get logged on to this forum with my iPhone or iPad so that limits my ability to post a lot.

Once a few days ago I got one of them to log in but I usually get the 404 or it just cannot connect to the server, times out.

Popster Hi,

I wanted to tell you that I was sorry that I verbally said you have to take up the slack because of this. 
It was wrong of me to make you feel pressured, not that you did, that you had been asked to do something like that.

Please forgive me and this is supposed to be a stress free place so asking that was wrong of me . I am sorry. 

And I can only say that I will try and do better.....not being a bonehead and asking you, (or anyone)  to do something like that because I kept another thread going blah blah you know what I said.....but I now feel poorly for saying that because I posted freely I was not asked to .

Make sense?

I hope so.

RE: Cafe Linville - IceWizard - 01-31-2016

Good Morning IOP....

[Image: 235047-Happy-Sunday-Good-Morning-Your-Wa...s-Here.jpg]

Coffee's ready! Today is gonna be warm here, well mid to upper 50's... I'll take that anyday over 0....

Hey Popster... Man you always have some great pics... Some folks have the "eye" and some don't... You definatly do!! Thanks for all the places you taken me...

Good to see Harley back with us... You've sure been missed 'round this camp....

And our lovely Charon... She's going thru alot... Even more as of late... Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers... She's a good soul and you'd be hard pressed to find a better heart anywhere!! Hang in there my dear.... We'll all be "pullin" for ya!

I still can't figure out why more folks don't "visit" our little spot here... It's a great place to get to see how others really feel 'bout thangz... You know, not all "medical" all the time... A great place just to.... Well look at where this thread goes... Just about anything goes! I guess one of us "stinks"(ok... maybe a couple of us)... But we can open the window on good dayz... How does that quote go:::

"You can't please all the people all the time, and some of em, you can't please at all!!"
(sumptin like that...lol)

Anywhooo... I'll shut it ...

Just remember to love one another today... You never know when you're the one a "stinkin" ....lol

Ice

RE: Cafe Linville - willie33 - 01-31-2016

Good morning, everyone. Smile

[Image: 235127-Happy-Sunday-Have-A-Wonderful-And...ed-Day.jpg]

RE: Cafe Linville - Roses - 01-31-2016

Good Morning Everyone! Well, we are having a warm spell this week with temps in the 40s & 50s! This is so unusual for us here in upstate NY plus we have only had 5 inches of snow this winter when the norm is 32 inches a winter!

Thank you all so much for the congrats for the birth of my first grandson. The little family are doing great & so far so good with my grandson, he is being a good baby with sleeping & eating. Your support is wonderful & I am happy to be a part of iop.

Rose5555 Thank you for your congrats but I am so sorry for your loss of your cat & your fish. I understand how you feel. I lost my dog on Christmas day & I am still having trouble getting over it. Hang in there dear.

Harley Thank you for your congrats. I am thrilled to be a grandma & he is perfect. I hope you enjoy your weekend off. I'm glad though that you are enjoying your work.

Popster Thank you for your congrats. It means a lot to me. The pictures are lovely. You are so lucky to live in such a magical place. Enjoy your Sunday.

Ice Thank you too for your congratulations. When you said it was an opportunity to get it right the second time around, you say exactly what I am feeling. My 2 sons are wonderful young men but I made mistakes which will not happen with my grandson, that's for sure. Hang in there with giving up the smokes. My dad smoked 3 packs a day for 65yrs. & 5 yrs. ago he just put them down & hasn't smoked since. You can do this Ice.

willie33 Thank you for your congrats. I really appreciate it. And congrats & best wishes with your 2 grandchildren. I bet you are a terrific grandmother.

Fireplaces Thank you too for your congrats. I have been on a high like no other since he was born. I was so worried about getting it right with my 2 sons that I didn't fully enjoy them as I am with my grandson. I listened to the song you played for me & it brought tears to my eyes, happy tears. Thank you so much dear friend. Good luck with the snowstorm coming your way & you have a lovely Sunday.

Linville I thank you my friend for all your support & your congrats. You are the best!!

Charon I am hoping things get easier for you & I wish you all the best. You hang in there dear.