Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to get your doctor to add the Benzos you need?
#17
(07-23-2019, 01:00 AM)sls642 Wrote: There is so much pressure on docs these days about what they shouldn't  prescribe, it's hard to blame them for worrying about their legal situation. Even pharmacists have gotten into the loop.

I know you can take ben*** for a very long time without having problems. Some people obviously can't so the lowest common denominator policy kicks in and you get what we are now seeing, a sort of one size fits all approach to decision making. I'm assuming the same is true for opioids. I'm fairly certain that people who truly need them to live have been caught up in the "anti" crusade going on now. For example, I wonder how this is affecting hospice care and patients who have intractable pain but are not dying. There has to be a smarter and more compassionate way to deal with medical issues than expecting the government to be the deciders.
I am in a similar boat as the OP, prescribed kpin, Subutex, and Rit@l1n, along with a slew of antidepressants. I am on a relatively low dose of anti-anxiety meds, so I do supplement with IOPs.... without them I am so anxious I can’t even be around my family or close friends without feeling uncomfortable, twitchy, and conscious of every move I make. I just wish more docs would understand generalized anxiety disorder better, and not always be trying to gradually cut my doses. My doc tries to explain that my taking kpin is actually making my anxiety worse (due to the rebound anxiety felt when the meds wear off), but there’s an easy solution: put me on a high enough dose so that the meds are consistently in my system.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get your doctor to add the Benzos you need? - by Kon1erPMSQUAD - 05-26-2016, 09:20 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)