07-31-2020, 10:25 PM
(04-27-2020, 04:55 AM)killingstress Wrote:(02-16-2020, 05:50 AM)Doook Wrote: My doctor has suggested I try Valdoxan rather than SSRIs cause I’m sick of the side effects. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it?
What are the side effects you are experience on SSRIs ? according to what side effect , you will might find the ATD that don't have this kind of side effect. Also, for example, SSRIs cause sexual side effect , cause it stimulate the 5-HT2a receptor on the spinal cord, this can affect orgasm, and in males ejaculation. For example, others ATD like Trazodone, block this receptor and it is use it in with it at low dose or replace it.
Know in the kind of side effect, it is crucial. Most side effects, are cause the SSRIs activate serotonin receptor in the whole body, and in some parts, that it is what cause the side effects. Other ATD, block such receptor in certain part of the body, can counteract this side effects ( like in the example I told you ) .
Now, if you doctor have that in mind, or simple thought " lets try something totally different " we will not know it if we don't know the sides effects you are having.
This is the most important information: you must tell your doctor (in detail) the types of side effects you are having. This should allow them to change to an antidepressant that is more suited to your body chemistry, over time, of course. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.
I also couldn't help but notice that Valdoxan is not FDA-approved in the United States, even though it's already approved in Europe and Australia. I would ask your doctor what types of medications he might recommend that would be given to a patient that does not have access to this medication. I don't want the USA to be the "center of the drug universe" - I just think there might be an alternative that already exists on the market, like Wellbutrin.

