07-10-2022, 03:05 AM
Thankyou guys. It’s pretty cool and engaging with people with similar struggles. I can tell by the way people respond and talk that they get it. There’s no patronising tone or superior attitudes. It’s pretty cool. Battling something (although hard, like anxiety) gives people more insight or lived experience then all the degrees and knowledge you could possibly study in a book or from the outside. I dunno if I’m explaining it well but thanks. Hope everyone finds some relief and peace soon. And when the pain comes remember that you arn’t alone in feeling anxiety so intensely.
Anyway just saying Thankyou for kindness and acknowledging these posts. Made my heart smile guys.
Back to meds other then benzo for anxiety. Has anyone ever been prescribed blood pressure meds? I got a script for cl0nidine. I used to regularly take evening tablet but I don’t take now at all because I feel it gives me restless legs but I do remember it being a semi good afternoon medication to start to prepare for the evening. Ever so slightly calming and not overly noticeable unless you jump up and you get a head spin. And probably because I already have low-normal blood pressure. I believe my doctor said it’s “off label” use for anxiety or was it ADD... it’s the anxiety related to over vigilance. I would imagine blood pressure is not something you would want to muck up. But I’m curious to know if my doctor is strange or prescribing that for anxiety or panic or is that semi normal.
It’s often trial and error. If it was y for the dizziness Cl0nidine gave me I would of maybe thought it was having a placebo effect. In the end I found the restless legs too much and not worth it. But everyone would respond differently. Not everyone would go on to develop restless legs at night. From memory it was about 4 months use before I started to get the legs crawling at night. It stopped about 7 days after meds stopped. I’m sensitive to getting restless legs now though.
Just putting forward experience.
Perhaps it has been discussed
Anyway just saying Thankyou for kindness and acknowledging these posts. Made my heart smile guys.
Back to meds other then benzo for anxiety. Has anyone ever been prescribed blood pressure meds? I got a script for cl0nidine. I used to regularly take evening tablet but I don’t take now at all because I feel it gives me restless legs but I do remember it being a semi good afternoon medication to start to prepare for the evening. Ever so slightly calming and not overly noticeable unless you jump up and you get a head spin. And probably because I already have low-normal blood pressure. I believe my doctor said it’s “off label” use for anxiety or was it ADD... it’s the anxiety related to over vigilance. I would imagine blood pressure is not something you would want to muck up. But I’m curious to know if my doctor is strange or prescribing that for anxiety or panic or is that semi normal.
It’s often trial and error. If it was y for the dizziness Cl0nidine gave me I would of maybe thought it was having a placebo effect. In the end I found the restless legs too much and not worth it. But everyone would respond differently. Not everyone would go on to develop restless legs at night. From memory it was about 4 months use before I started to get the legs crawling at night. It stopped about 7 days after meds stopped. I’m sensitive to getting restless legs now though.
Just putting forward experience.
Perhaps it has been discussed

