Hi everyone, just a little hello from the UK; wanted to say Fireplaces, what happens to our teenagers, both to their faces and on social media, can be so cruel - I have had experience of my older son being bullied for whole academic year at school, which changed him radically. Â I do hope your daughter gets things sorted soon and has the personal strength to withstand the bad effects of all this on her sense of self.Â
Hi Insomnia Sucks, we meet again! Â Nice to see you dropping in at the cafe, which is frequented by some of the loveliest people on this site.
A big hello to Ice, Harley, Roses, Audrey, Willie, Revolution, Boomer, Forme, Linville (of course, who can forget you?!) et al. Happy Wednesday evening.
Ice, I laughed when I read your description of the triggers that lead you to smoke, above, but it was one of those hugely sympathetic laughs - you are spot on with what you say and I remember that all too clearly from the two times I quit smoking in my life (I gave up at 25, then thought it would be a brilliant idea to start again when under stress at around 29, and so had to give up a second time at 32). There is always some reason to want a cigarette, I find.Â
Anyway please don't go so far as to get into a coma - they are so last year - and keep on keeping on. It's all you can do, just keep trying and don't give up just because you give in one day, just start again the following day. Â
Best of luck!
Hi Insomnia Sucks, we meet again! Â Nice to see you dropping in at the cafe, which is frequented by some of the loveliest people on this site.
A big hello to Ice, Harley, Roses, Audrey, Willie, Revolution, Boomer, Forme, Linville (of course, who can forget you?!) et al. Happy Wednesday evening.
(02-24-2016, 10:18 AM)IceWizard Wrote: Good Morning IOP....
It's raining like all get out this morning! Hope we don't all float off somewhere... Other than that, it sure wasn't as bad as Cricket was going through last night... Sheesh... Ok coffee's done... Brb..
Ahhhh... Always the way to start the day.. Wel that and... Hang on.... Whew!! Let me finish coughin... Ok... That never gets old to me...
Yesterday I smoked like 3 cigs... And two of those were when I got up with my coffee... The doc said,"Stay away from any triggers"... Now that's all fine and good... But... I would say there are boucoup triggers.. Like waking up.. Drinking coffee... After I eat something... Driving anywhere... Stress... And the list goes on and on... Maybe I'll try gettin in a coma .. That should keep those triggers away! I got me a vape... Of coarse those too maybe bad for ya as well... Just like breathin the poluted air... What ya gonna do...
Lots of new folks hittin the site as of late... Gotta keep our eyes open on how they interact... Some of the names they are using seem a bit concerning... Am I just paranoid? I just don't want a few hard cores ruinin this place we've put together with BS... Jealosy... That's the biggest killer... They don't have what we have and evidently don't want us to either... Sorry bout their luck... Hey I don't mind helpin anybody, even out the door if that's what they need.... Y'all just keep scannin the board and watch... We have lots of good people here, that means lots of pairs of eyes....
Just sayin...
Sheesh... After 5... And still rainin... Ok .. Gotta split the scene to be back fore the mail runs.. My pkg should be on the truck today and not a minute too soon... So I'll be back directly...
Remember to love one another today and smile... It could literaly mean tippin the scales of life or death for someone...
Ice
Ice, I laughed when I read your description of the triggers that lead you to smoke, above, but it was one of those hugely sympathetic laughs - you are spot on with what you say and I remember that all too clearly from the two times I quit smoking in my life (I gave up at 25, then thought it would be a brilliant idea to start again when under stress at around 29, and so had to give up a second time at 32). There is always some reason to want a cigarette, I find.Â
Anyway please don't go so far as to get into a coma - they are so last year - and keep on keeping on. It's all you can do, just keep trying and don't give up just because you give in one day, just start again the following day. Â
Best of luck!

