Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to get your doctor to add the Benzos you need?
#4
Chikenizlla, 

Sorry to hear of your problem.  It ranges across the medical spectrum.  When I was in cancer rehab from treatment, the people on my cancer forum called it the "medical tap dance".  The ethics of RX for pks and benzos for short range, long range, open range, etc., seems to vary from doc to doc, usually ranging from slim to none.  The thumbscrews--as suggested in new hospital and medical rulings in the North East--are being tightened as RX in general has now been associated with escalating behavior leading to smack. 

It's an emotional and inflating political, football.  How to maneuver any doctor into a compassionate position depends on a lot of factors.  Crying, and on-the-spot siezure, kidnapping a doctor's family member--I'm kidding here; any may or may not work.  I've mentioned before that I'm a senior, living alone, and I travel in a small RV.  If I show up in a new town, present myself to a doc for the 1st time, and tell them I need to have RXs refilled, my RX refill behavior immediately registers as "drug seeking"  behavior, which is is.  What can I say?

Wish I had an answer to your problem.

Good Luck, Spanky
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get your doctor to add the Benzos you need? - by Spanky - 04-17-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: How to get your doctor to add the Benzos you need? - by Kon1erPMSQUAD - 05-26-2016, 09:20 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)