04-20-2016, 09:26 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 09:29 AM by Dancing Wolf.
Edit Reason: spelling :(
)
I agree with Harley. Doctors, as a general rule, don't like patients telling them what meds they should receive and good chance the doctor will see this as 'drug-seeking' behavior - even if you do really need it legitimately. Demanding meds may offend the doctor and cost a patient big time.
Chickenzilla, wish you luck on that triazolam. My old doctor used to prescribe that med intermittently when I had long bouts of insomnia, but I haven't been able to find a doctor who will prescribe that for long time. Newer doctors often seem unfamiliar with it.
As you know, where we can even find it online is limited.
I also have PTSD, panic attacks, social anxiety, and all that goes with it (nightmares, flashbacks, feeling so terrible you can't describe it)
Do you practice any alternative methods of controlling your anxiety? Music, for example, really helps me. Meditation does too.
Of course, nothing stops the panic attacks, can't change "self-talk" or anything to stop those and doctors admit that to me.
Maybe with doctors, focus on debilitating parts of your anxiety such as panic attacks which interfere with your ability to function in life, rather than how you feel.
I don't think they care how we feel anymore.
Doctors want a clear cut set of symptoms they can easily diagnose & treat. They don't want complicated these days, no time for it (or patients who annoy them) and unfortunately doctors/govt are in charge over us.
Think presentation. When I went for S.S.D. doctors (due to my permanent work injury disability) they had me see medical doctor but also the psychiatrist. All I can say is after I saw SSD psychiatrist, when I went to my doctor appt next month- he upped my alps to 4x/day and I had not said one word... I believe he read the SSD report from their doctors. Something he read from psychiatrist made him increase my meds... This was just few yrs ago.
Anxiety is horrible. My heart goes out to all who have problems with it.
Chickenzilla, wish you luck on that triazolam. My old doctor used to prescribe that med intermittently when I had long bouts of insomnia, but I haven't been able to find a doctor who will prescribe that for long time. Newer doctors often seem unfamiliar with it.
As you know, where we can even find it online is limited.
I also have PTSD, panic attacks, social anxiety, and all that goes with it (nightmares, flashbacks, feeling so terrible you can't describe it)
Do you practice any alternative methods of controlling your anxiety? Music, for example, really helps me. Meditation does too.
Of course, nothing stops the panic attacks, can't change "self-talk" or anything to stop those and doctors admit that to me.
Maybe with doctors, focus on debilitating parts of your anxiety such as panic attacks which interfere with your ability to function in life, rather than how you feel.
I don't think they care how we feel anymore.
Doctors want a clear cut set of symptoms they can easily diagnose & treat. They don't want complicated these days, no time for it (or patients who annoy them) and unfortunately doctors/govt are in charge over us.
Think presentation. When I went for S.S.D. doctors (due to my permanent work injury disability) they had me see medical doctor but also the psychiatrist. All I can say is after I saw SSD psychiatrist, when I went to my doctor appt next month- he upped my alps to 4x/day and I had not said one word... I believe he read the SSD report from their doctors. Something he read from psychiatrist made him increase my meds... This was just few yrs ago.
Anxiety is horrible. My heart goes out to all who have problems with it.
"Let your tongue speak what your heart thinks." --Davy Crockett

