06-10-2016, 11:25 AM
(05-26-2016, 12:42 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: I would call your doc and tell her she was right, that the med did make you most sleepy. That you tried in an attempt to manage your anxiety to only take half during the day but it made you too sluggish to be effective at your job. Ask her if there is something else you can try. Do not ask for a specific med.
Sometimes I think docs need one to try all the different meds that can help with anxiety before they will script a benzo. It creates a paper trail in the form of your medical records, that justifies the scripting decision.
Hydroxyzine is a 1st generation antihistamine. They do make people sleepy and it has been used quite a lot for generalised anxiety. It works for some people.
I agree with FirePlaces about talking to your doc, but also what they are trying to do - i.e. trying other things before scripting benzos.
Let us know how you get on Kon1er.

