03-23-2017, 06:17 PM
(03-13-2017, 11:22 PM)Drewpickup Wrote: quicky wanted to see if there are any other activities or things people do to keep their heads above water. We all talk about meds and meditation and I'm all about it. But keeping connected not isolating stimulation things like that which hep find us relief. Just a random thought. Thread seemingly repatative. I'm finding new people here and meeting new people in/out of 12 step programs and bmxing with kids. Back to skydiving when weather breaks. You guys?
For me, exercise is key, even if it is just a few minutes of walking, parking in the far end of the parking lot, taking the stairs, or marching in place while on the phone or watching TV. Finding a fun activity (I like Zumba, but that's definitely not everyone's cup of tea) and carving out time to myself to do it at least a few times a week is a serious mood booster. I notice my stress and depression levels are significantly higher when I am inactive. Also finding a balance between socializing and alone time helps me. When I was unemployed and a stay at home mom, I would get depressed not having an adult to talk to all day, literally counting the minutes sometimes until my husband got home. Getting out and hanging out with friends, meeting new people, or just leaving the house really helped. It's definitely an ongoing battle, and my thoughts are with everyone who is fighting depression and anxiety.

