Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Depressive disorder caused by Lyrica?
#8
(11-12-2017, 12:56 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: Sorry to hear about your illness RF.  Certainly would be a factor in making the decision on the best of meds.  

I actually made a choice many years ago between Lyrica or Neurontin or hydro.   At the time a few hydro would do and I was really afraid of the side effects of Lyrica and Neurotin.  This was about 14 years ago and so less was known maybe?

Also my pain was not systematic, but more localized (c5/c6 fusion 25 years old) to back of head, neck, arms, upper back.  If I had neuropathy I would have considered those meds.  

I am doing okay with my hydro meds.  Seeing a PM doc.   I am lucky for the most part in that I am not one who starts craving more and more which I think is the real risk in starting opioids.  

I wonder if depression is listed officially as one of the side effects of Lyrica.  Sorry if this is too off-topic.
Thank you, Fire. I am hanging in there better than I expected myself to be. The doc's that I worked with always hesitated to prescribe Lyrica, supposedly because of the risk of suicide. Go figure. Who would think a drug that works by the mechanism by which it does would cause an increased risk of suicide? I dig what you are saying about the hydro. That it works for you and that you don't crave more is great to hear. I am sorry to hear about the c5 and 6 fusion. Just curious, but have you ever had an fasciculation's in your arms or torso to go along with the pain from that?


Thank you, Slipmat. I wish I could say that I felt I was doing something difficult, but it is a pleasure for me to both gain and share knowledge about anything to do with these subjects. It is what I have done for most of my adult life, so I figured that I might as well keep doing the thing that I like most. I am the one who really gets the pleasure from it. I am adjusting okay to the MND disease diagnosis, thanks. It's a bit jarring at first, but one grows to live with it. I am participating in some experimental drug trials and have slowed it's progress greatly. Very encouraged and hanging in there. Thanks again for your comments!
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)