02-01-2018, 06:31 PM
I wasn't implying that this particular substance is a silver bullet or a magic fix and I apologise if it came across that way. I created this thread with the intention to share information on a compound that could provide anxiolytic relief for fellow board members. I'd found minimal discussion of Etif online outside of research studies which led me to believe a discussion of the med on this forum could hopefully help some people. Nowhere in my posts on this thread have I claimed that it will instantly cure all anxiety and that your life will be perfect after taking it, I've reviewed the research available on this med and consolidated the main pieces of info here. There's studies that have shown it can be as effective as a benzo without the side effects of amnesia and unwanted sedation which can be inappropriate if one were to test it out at work for example.
I didn't set out to cause any confusion or exaggerate claims of its effectiveness, so if I came across to be conducting my words which suggested so, I apologise. I still stand by my personal experience that it has a lot of promise as an anxiolytic and I am rather disappointed my post was deleted because I truly believe it has the potential to help those tragically dependant on benzos switch to a safer alternative. Don't get me wrong, for some people it might have no effects whatsoever. We're all unique in our neurochemistry - I can't stand pineapple on pizza but my boyfriend loves it. I'll just finish by saying - and this is my opinion, I am not a doctor so take my words or leave them - if this stuff was prescribed regularly for anxiety in USA and/or Europe we'd have a hell of a lot less folk stuck on benzos.
And yes I'm very well acquainted with BZD withdrawals and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. I have been on and off them for 3 years give or take and Etif has been a lifesaver. You can call it OTC nonsense all you want but they've helped me on days when my anxiety has been terrible. I can wake up without a panic attack every morning now. I've started going to the gym again because I don't feel any anxiety being around lots of people. I've stopped isolating myself from my friends and family and have been able to enjoy the company of good people without a constant sense of dread in my stomach. I've started applying for jobs now that I feel that I'm functioning in my life to an acceptable standard. I am an incredibly introverted and anxious person with social phobia, so for me to be doing all these things and trying to get my life back from BZD addiction since I've started Etif is pretty amazing to me. Is m life perfect? No! Am I completely anxiety free all the time? Absolutely not. Bu am I managing my levels of anxiety in a way that allows me to live my life in a more productive way than I have in years? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. That's why I'm writing this post now, because I know how unbelievably AWFUL benzo addiction is so if someone reading this is suffering from an anxiety disorder and it ends up helping them, then spreading this information is all worth it. We are a community and as a community we need to help each other, share ideas and support fellow members in any way we can.
You're allowed to call it a placebo or a mild OTC supplement but there's a reason it's prescribed for anxiety in over 40 different countries. When you doubt the efficacy of this it makes me wonder if you read the text I copied from Wiki where it's been shown to have very minimal side effects such as mild sedation compared to the endless side effects associated with prolonged benzo use. The Wiki page also shows in studies it was proven to be as effective as Lor@zepam. I've already made a second order and am likely to make many more in the future, knowing the cost/benefit analysis of Etif. It might not work for everyone, but as someone who's quality of life has improved since discovering the stuff I felt I had an obligation to share my findings with you all.
With all this being said, I appreciate everyone's input and accept that everyone here is entitled to their own views. Whilst I may disagree that we shouldn't instan dismiss Etif, I respect that everyone is different and in life people have different opinions. It's important to have discussions like this to get a view from both sides of the coin and I look forward to hearing what anyone else has to add.
I didn't set out to cause any confusion or exaggerate claims of its effectiveness, so if I came across to be conducting my words which suggested so, I apologise. I still stand by my personal experience that it has a lot of promise as an anxiolytic and I am rather disappointed my post was deleted because I truly believe it has the potential to help those tragically dependant on benzos switch to a safer alternative. Don't get me wrong, for some people it might have no effects whatsoever. We're all unique in our neurochemistry - I can't stand pineapple on pizza but my boyfriend loves it. I'll just finish by saying - and this is my opinion, I am not a doctor so take my words or leave them - if this stuff was prescribed regularly for anxiety in USA and/or Europe we'd have a hell of a lot less folk stuck on benzos.
And yes I'm very well acquainted with BZD withdrawals and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. I have been on and off them for 3 years give or take and Etif has been a lifesaver. You can call it OTC nonsense all you want but they've helped me on days when my anxiety has been terrible. I can wake up without a panic attack every morning now. I've started going to the gym again because I don't feel any anxiety being around lots of people. I've stopped isolating myself from my friends and family and have been able to enjoy the company of good people without a constant sense of dread in my stomach. I've started applying for jobs now that I feel that I'm functioning in my life to an acceptable standard. I am an incredibly introverted and anxious person with social phobia, so for me to be doing all these things and trying to get my life back from BZD addiction since I've started Etif is pretty amazing to me. Is m life perfect? No! Am I completely anxiety free all the time? Absolutely not. Bu am I managing my levels of anxiety in a way that allows me to live my life in a more productive way than I have in years? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. That's why I'm writing this post now, because I know how unbelievably AWFUL benzo addiction is so if someone reading this is suffering from an anxiety disorder and it ends up helping them, then spreading this information is all worth it. We are a community and as a community we need to help each other, share ideas and support fellow members in any way we can.
You're allowed to call it a placebo or a mild OTC supplement but there's a reason it's prescribed for anxiety in over 40 different countries. When you doubt the efficacy of this it makes me wonder if you read the text I copied from Wiki where it's been shown to have very minimal side effects such as mild sedation compared to the endless side effects associated with prolonged benzo use. The Wiki page also shows in studies it was proven to be as effective as Lor@zepam. I've already made a second order and am likely to make many more in the future, knowing the cost/benefit analysis of Etif. It might not work for everyone, but as someone who's quality of life has improved since discovering the stuff I felt I had an obligation to share my findings with you all.
With all this being said, I appreciate everyone's input and accept that everyone here is entitled to their own views. Whilst I may disagree that we shouldn't instan dismiss Etif, I respect that everyone is different and in life people have different opinions. It's important to have discussions like this to get a view from both sides of the coin and I look forward to hearing what anyone else has to add.

