Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, that's about what we expect, right?
(06-13-2018, 12:54 AM)Chinchillin777 Wrote: I am so lucky to be insured at present, the costs are astronomical in The States. My father has a different, much cheaper health provider (still, so fortunate for America) and the disparity between the way we are treated is astounding. He is treated like a child by his doctors, given medications he does not need (they forced him to take Zoloft for over a year because he complained of fatigue, lack of focus, etc. which they labeled as clinical depression). FINALLY, a competent endocrinologist notices in his chart that his thyroid function is far below normal... not even so much as an apology from the psychiatrist that pretty much literally jammed pills down his throat.

Conversely, I see a psychiatrist outside of my insurance and he is extremely kind, compassionate, professional, and always presents options and allows me to choose what I feel most comfortable with. With regard to my insurance, since I pay such a high premium, I have never have had to file a pre-authorization or deal with any nonsense, whatever the doctor prescribes, they pay for.

Bottom line - you literally cannot afford to be poor in America, you will be treated as a third class citizen.
Have worked in health care for the last 20 years and it has gone to shit!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, that's about what we expect, right? - by Moonfairy0803 - 10-26-2018, 10:42 PM