Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Music Thread
Who the hell is  black oak Arkansas???  You know atomheartmother, technically Dark side of the Moon is one song. You know the taxes in England are even higher than in the U.S. In the UK they would tax the artists income tax for each song, thus the concept album was born. Pink Floyd linked all the songs together on Dark side of the Moon making it technically one song.  Hey IceWizard, no Jethro Tull?? =(
(06-14-2015, 09:42 AM)Zander Wrote: Who the hell is  black oak Arkansas???  You know atomheartmother, technically Dark side of the Moon is one song. You know the taxes in England are even higher than in the U.S. In the UK they would tax the artists income tax for each song, thus the concept album was born. Pink Floyd linked all the songs together on Dark side of the Moon making it technically one song.  Hey IceWizard, no Jethro Tull?? =(

Of coarse Tull ... There are just sooo many great bands, I had to limit them ... Cause I know .. What it's like ...to be thick as a brick ...
Hey even Dire Straights got left out as well as T-Rex (ok a one hit wonder) ... Just toooo many to create a list of ....

Hey you know I even left off a R
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(06-14-2015, 09:42 AM)Zander Wrote: Who the hell is  black oak Arkansas???  You know atomheartmother, technically Dark side of the Moon is one song. You know the taxes in England are even higher than in the U.S. In the UK they would tax the artists income tax for each song, thus the concept album was born. Pink Floyd linked all the songs together on Dark side of the Moon making it technically one song.  Hey IceWizard, no Jethro Tull?? =(

Black oak Arkansas was a southern rock band of the seventies. Great live performances.  Jethro tull! Thick as a brick!  Yeah my entire teen years were devoted to the sixties and seventies.  Do you have a fav Floyd album? I can't choose one but its dsotm, meddle, animals, wywh.  Meddle and animals are often overlooked.
I even left off a rock-n-roll hall of band located not 80 miles from my home town
ZZ TOP...

Hey better yet 2 my hometown boys
Edgar & Johnny Winters ...
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(06-14-2015, 12:46 AM)atomheartmother Wrote: I give you props for even knowing who black oak Arkansas is. Jim dandy was one of the great front men from that era and is  often overlooked.  I see you lean towards favoring classic rock over a lot of other genres, I second that.  Although for years I snubbed anything that wasn't classic rock, I now listen to indie rock more than anything else.

I'll be showing my age here, saw Black Oak in concert in the middle 70's loved it. I agree atomheartmother Jim Dandy was an entertainer on stage, so full of energy. Go Jim Dandy Go!!!!

Nice list IceWizard

I'll add more

Alice Cooper
Jethro Tull
YES
Queen
Steve Miller Band
BTO
Grand Funk Railroad
Frank Zappa
The Doors
Grateful Dead
Doobie Brothers
The Band
Sly and the Family Stone
Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band
and the list goes on.

" To open a shop is easy, to keep it open is an art"
Heart
Unfortunately I'm only twenty six and never got to see them live. I think they may be touring or releasing a new album. If you are ever in KY hit me up. I play five nights a week at three venues. We do lots of old covers that would be down your alley.
(06-15-2015, 01:24 AM)atomheartmother Wrote: Unfortunately I'm only twenty six and never got to see them live.  I think they may be touring or releasing a new album.  If you are ever in KY hit me up. I play five nights a week at three venues. We do lots of old covers that would be down your alley.

Too bad, one has never seen any concert like Jim Dandy could put on, and his voice, so unique, I'm racking my brain here, I do beleive his wife also played in his band I recall a female singer, thought she was his wife I'll have to look it up.

Sometimes when group tours past their prime, it's not so good many lose their voices. I recall Grace Slick at in her 50's say she would no longer perform as she knew her voice was not what it used to be, and singers should not embarrass themselves.

Deal, if I'm in ever KY.

" To open a shop is easy, to keep it open is an art"
Heart
(06-14-2015, 07:06 PM)IceWizard Wrote: I even left off a rock-n-roll hall of band located not 80 miles from my home town
ZZ TOP
Hey better yet 2 my hometown boys
Edgar

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
ZZ! One of my favorite bands, IceWizard.. Texas boogie-woogie..It's hard to believe it's only a three piece band. Gibbons can make that guitar sound like 3 guitars. I've seen them... 3 times, maybe 4. =)
Lil ol band from Texas don't sounds like a three piece do they. I mean billy gibbons has got to be one of the coolest people alive and has one of the best guitar tones of all time. Love that crunch. Anybody here play anything?