Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone having issues with signatures and the "character count" being incorrect?
Hey All -

Has anyone had an issue with the "character count" being incorrect? Not the end of the world AT ALL, but it seems I can't format my signature, reduce the font size, change the font, etc, otherwise it puts me above my character count allowed, despite using Microsoft Word to check the actual character count and verifying that it is significantly under?

Again, no worries, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue.
I am sorry but I leave the tough issues of the site itself to my co admin, the beloved Admin Of Steel.

He can solve all these issues. I just work with the people here on their journeys through life.

Give him some time to respond. He will.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(09-02-2016, 10:13 PM)Please rockyguy Wrote: Hey All -

Has anyone had an issue with the "character count" being incorrect? Not the end of the world AT ALL, but it seems I can't format my signature, reduce the font size, change the font, etc, otherwise it puts me above my character count allowed, despite using Microsoft Word to check the actual character count and verifying that it is significantly under?

Again, no worries, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

I'm not sure I follow, I just went to mine for testing and I changed font size  and went okay.

How large is your sig?
(09-03-2016, 04:57 AM)Linville Wrote:

I'm not sure I follow, I just went to mine for testing and I changed font size  and went okay.

How large is your sig?

It's very standard and I've tried multiple times to minimize size, etc, but no matter the browser, any sort of formatting edits seems to count as characters and bring me over the limit. Again, not the end of the world by any means, ha, but interesting nonetheless.

(09-03-2016, 06:21 AM)rockyguy Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 04:57 AM)Linville Wrote:

How large is your sig?

It's very standard and I've tried multiple times to minimize size, etc, but no matter the browser, any sort of formatting edits seems to count as characters and bring me over the limit. Again, not the end of the world by any means, ha, but interesting nonetheless.

You can see the font size in my signature below, which is actually larger than I would prefer it, and if I decrease the font size it says that I am using too many characters. Just a funny problem to have. BTW - thanks for checking to see if yours was working!
Random musings via modern day prophet, M McConaughey:
"Alright Alright Alright."
"I've been driving a Lincoln since long before anybody paid me to drive one."
"It'd be a lot cooler if you did."

Hello rockyguy

I think there are too many words in the sig. or technically speaking characters. I see what you mean .

Just for grins try reducing the amount of words,  until you do not have the warning and then try changing font size.

Sig edit says max size is 255 characters, I  would have to look and count yours but it also may count spaces, with sizing using more space....just a thought.
Appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately I copied/pasted into multiple word processors and all were significantly less then the max size of characters allowed, and decreasing font actually increased the amount of characters. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it, but at the end of the day, it's ALL GOOD. Probably more productive things to be doing with my time than figuring out how to add more nonsensical Matthew McConaughey quotes! Thanks again for checking into it for me though. Have a great evening/day all!

(09-04-2016, 03:23 AM)rockyguy Wrote: Appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately I copied/pasted into multiple word processors and all were significantly less then the max size of characters allowed, and decreasing font actually increased the amount of characters. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it, but at the end of the day, it's ALL GOOD. Probably more productive things to be doing with my time than figuring out how to add more nonsensical Matthew McConaughey quotes! Thanks again for checking into it for me though. Have a great evening/day all!

well sorry something is just maybe not quite right for you.....Hmmm
(09-04-2016, 04:08 AM)Linville Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 03:23 AM)rockyguy Wrote: Appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately I copied/pasted into multiple word processors and all were significantly less then the max size of characters allowed, and decreasing font actually increased the amount of characters. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it, but at the end of the day, it's ALL GOOD. Probably more productive things to be doing with my time than figuring out how to add more nonsensical Matthew McConaughey quotes! Thanks again for checking into it for me though. Have a great evening/day all!

well sorry something is just maybe not quite right for you.....Hmmm

Thanks @Linville - life MOST DEFINITELY goes on - ha.

PS - your signature is rad: "If it matters to one person, it matters !"

That's what we say around this house all the time.

Peace!

(09-02-2016, 10:13 PM)rockyguy Wrote: Hey All -

My friend, The signature count has been updated to 500 Words now. I have refreshed the whole of the forum, cleared all cache and all previous sessions. As i type this post the whole of the forum has been refreshed. I would suggest you to clear your browser cache and try again and hopefully there won't be any problems this time for sure. Smile
The only way to know how strong you are is to keep testing your limits.
(09-02-2016, 10:34 PM)Charon Wrote: I am sorry but I leave the tough issues of the site itself to my co admin, the beloved Admin Of Steel.

He can solve all these issues.  I just work with the people here on their journeys through life.

Give him some time to respond.  He will.

Your wish is my command Dear One. Response has been made. Thanks a zillion times always for being here in my absence. Love you lots. Smile Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Smile
The only way to know how strong you are is to keep testing your limits.