Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural aid to improve sleep quality?
I think you need to time the workout right, if you do it too late you might have even more problems sleeping because exercise produces hormones like cortisol which keep you alert. Also the bright lights in my gym are not great. I try to keep activity down three hours before I plan to go to sleep.
Things that work naturally for a fact: Running at least 2 hours before bed or earlier. Valerian Root, maybe other herbal teas mixed in. Tonics of Magnesium or Ashwaganda Root extract. I find these to work the best for OTC sleep.
" The Intuitive Mind Is a Sacred Gift and the Rational Mind Is a Faithful Servant " AE
I have rediscovered melatonin. I tried it in the past and it gave me nightmarish dreams, but now realized the dosage was off. I bought a bottle of 1mg and will split it half or quarters and it works well for me. Any dosage higher than that and the weird dreams kick in. Benedryl always works, unless used nightly, so it's used sparingly. Mj works well in the higher CBD ratios, but it doesn't get me all the way through the night. I start my workout regimen TODAY, really I am!! Hope it can re-balance the ups and downs up my life. Logging off now and it's off to the elliptical trainer Smile

MoJim
Good luck at the gym MoJim! I've taken a 6 month hiatus from the gym and I've def noticed my sleep quality suffering. thanks for motivating me so start (next week LOL)
I use One L-Trypt0phan 500mg, one or two 5mg Melatonin, (I'm a little heavy) and one or two 5 HTP a Serotonin like OTC that doubles the effectiveness of the Melatonin.
Read where only 3mg of Melatonin is enough, but I get better results with 2, probably cause of weight. If this does not work and I have to get to sleep for that 12 hour day with 2 of drive time, talk to doctor about Traz0done 50mg. That does the trick if all the other don't. Good luck
ph3nibut is a legal gaba effecting powder that u can find in supplement stores, the stuff is super strong too, Idk how it's over the counter
Magnesium always relaxes me at night and aids quality sleep. Helps relax my muscles and works synergistically with supplements like Theanine and Ashwaganda.
(10-13-2019, 07:09 PM)irie311 Wrote: ph3nibut is a legal gaba effecting powder that u can find in supplement stores, the stuff is super strong too,  Idk how it's over the counter

In many countries it is RX . Never tried it.  It is worth it ? or can be as addictive as Benzes ? thanks
Add theanine, it is really good. I prefer it over Valerian.
(12-07-2019, 09:19 PM)Psyboi Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 02:55 PM)killingstress Wrote: Add theanine, it is really good. I prefer it over Valerian.

Thanks I will try this, thanks for the tips. Insomnia, is the worst. Do you use the caps?
I was also thinking skullcap if anyone has mentioned this previously.
I buy the powder, much cheaper. And got 200mg per night .