Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When does the post slow down due to Christmas?
I wanted to get the ball rolling with this conversation early(-ish...October is already Christmas in the retail sector after all lol) regarding post slowing down due to Christmas. It's not uncommon for people who have been in the scene a while to forget to order things further in advance than they usually would around this time of year and find themselves without their meds around Christmas. It is upsetting to read people who are clearly suffering because they didn't realise how badly the mail can be affected by such conditions.

So...when will you be ordering to cover for the Christmas and New Year's period? Have you already stocked up or will you be leaving it late until December?
These days honestly, one should just be trying to cover their bases all the time. I wouldn't say there is a timeframe that is safe anymore. The postal system slows the week before black friday and then through the new year until Jan 10th usually. So, all depends on what you need and how much honestly.
" The Intuitive Mind Is a Sacred Gift and the Rational Mind Is a Faithful Servant " AE
So is the tradition of the holidays slow down, i think it happens right in time with the increased hiring of seasonal employees. that is always my guess
(10-16-2018, 09:05 AM)IOPNess Wrote: I think it's already beginning. Plan accordingly, folks! Best wishes.

I agree. Based on my fairly extensive experience, it's definitely not too soon.
You should be placing orders now.  It is 9 weeks until Christmas!  Packages of all sorts will start clogging the system soon. 

And if you get your present a bit early, yeah for you!!

Plus it is one more thing to check off your "To Do" list!!!

Slick  Rolleyes
I always start now. The mail gets so backed up. If you can order now, so you're covered!
id say after black friday in US its always a rush time. That said id depends whos your iop where its coming from etc to many factors, mail could be backed up and you might get it in no time, if some unforseen events it might be next year if your order is mid now/dec.

think its a good reminder once a year for people to do their count and prep in advance be it backup stockiple or whatever as things past december take almost all Jan to go back to sort of normal.
Thanks for the input guys. I e certainly started to notice things slowing down, even non-med domestic deliveries seem to be taking a couple of days extra than they usually would. Not to worry, it's a good gentle sign that we all need to stock up very soon if we haven't already. Remember to get enough to cover a good part of January yet as the post doesn't go back t normal just because Christmas is over!