Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG!
Oh what a day we're having down south. Here in La. we have been having severe weather all day and still have a way to go. Tornados are dropping down all over. More than I can count. This kinda thing doesn't happen around here and it's a very stressful day.
Local channels have been on since this morning reporting tornado after tornado. So far, where I am has not been too bad, but like I said, much more to come tonight. I don't think I'll get much sleep. This little Cricket will have to tie down her antennae and wings and hold on tight.

Woops, they just reported we have some very bad weather and possible waterspouts and tornados coming my way in a bit. If any of you guys see a little Cricket flying thru the air, grab me quick LOL

I hope everyone east of us will stay safe cause it's heading your way.
that must be scary as hell. for doggies and u.

i guess u gotta run them out when its safe.

then, u all go into the most protected room of house. even if its the bathroom.

stay away from windows.

that is all i know. nothing. but, i just get this feeling that our little chirper will be just fine. Let us know. You are getting prayed for. It cannot hurt.

Its ok, cricket. It will be ok. I just feel that.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Cricket,
We had that last week, Down south where we never get them and possibly more Wednesday and Thursday, of this week. My pup was pretty freaked. We cuddled under the covers until the monsoon blew over. We had 3 tornadoes touch down. What a mess.

Listening to the local news on the tv, just made it worse. Every minute they were putting up tornado warnings and then taking them down or moving them. The reality is that watching the local news increases anxiety, once you realize they are as clueless as we are.

A friend of mine had an appointment, maybe a mile north of where one touched down and caused an 18 wheeler to be blown on its side, blocking the entire interstate. Amazingly, no one was hurt. My friend didn't even know what happened until she got to her appointment and people told her.

Just sit tight with your pups. It will pass. It is very, very scary. Remember to stay away from Windows and go to an inside room, I.e. Bathroom or closet and protect everyone's heads. You too, Skipper1.

Let us all know how you are. Sending positive thoughts and wishes you guys way.

Good thing there is no such thing as climate change or global warming (intense sarcasm, heavy sigh). R.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You can observe a lot by just watching. Yogi Berra
Cricket... I do hope all is well for you down there this AM... Tornados are a fierce force to deal with and no tellin just where they'll pop down...

Maybe thingz have slowed down by now and our little Cricket hasn't blown away...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I am on lunch break, but when I see a thread starting OMG, I know somethings wrong. 

Cricket, I am sure we are all with you when I say, stay calm, stay safe, and I hope it all passes quickly with no damage. 

Crickets are tough little buggers.

I remember when I was a kid and we would have hurricanes, I would think it was neat and fun. Next morning I would go out and look at all the trees knocked down. I thought it was cool and looked forward to hurricanes. Ah to be a kid again...
(02-24-2016, 07:30 PM)Grandote Wrote: I remember when I was a kid and we would have hurricanes, I would think it was neat and fun. Next morning I would go out and look at all the trees knocked down. I thought it was cool and looked forward to hurricanes. Ah to be a kid again...

I MADE IT! Dis Cricket is alive and well with no bumps or bruises.
It was a scary day for sure. There were something like 7 tornadoes and 3 or 4 waterspouts that really tore this place up.
We get tornadoes (small ones) from time to time, but nothing like yesterday. Must be that damn global warming LOL

It didn't get too bad where I live thank God. Had hard rain and wind for awhile, but it's all ok now. I pray everyone east of us made out ok too. That was a very bad storm.

Thank you guys for your prayers. It did the trick Smile

You guys be safe and be well.
Luv ya Heart

Cricket
Great news Cricket. So happy to hear you and the pups are safe! R.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You can observe a lot by just watching. Yogi Berra
A E!

So glad to see you post after all tha crazy weather Cricket... I saw the news and my sister called about all the stuff hittin the fan down there. I was there for Katrina and the Texas storm Rita and whoa man.... So storms down yonder can get real bad real quick!! Thank the good Lord you are safe my dear.... Our little Cricket is still just a chirpin!!

(btw... I have just always liked your username and now that I know you're from around my favorite places... Well that makes it boucoup betta)

Ice

(02-24-2016, 10:11 PM)Cricket Wrote:
(02-24-2016, 07:30 PM)Grandote Wrote: I remember when I was a kid and we would have hurricanes, I would think it was neat and fun. Next morning I would go out and look at all the trees knocked down. I thought it was cool and looked forward to hurricanes. Ah to be a kid again...

It was a scary day for sure. There were something like 7 tornadoes and 3 or 4 waterspouts that really tore this place up.
We get tornadoes (small ones) from time to time, but nothing like yesterday. Must be that damn global warming LOL

It didn't get too bad where I live thank God. Had hard rain and wind for awhile, but it's all ok now. I pray everyone east of us made out ok too. That was a very bad storm.

Thank you guys for your prayers. It did the trick Smile

Luv ya Heart

Cricket
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(02-25-2016, 10:37 AM)IceWizard Wrote: A E!

So glad to see you post after all tha crazy weather Cricket... I saw the news and my sister called about all the stuff hittin the fan down there. I was there for Katrina and the Texas storm Rita and whoa man.... So storms down yonder can get real bad real quick!! Thank the good Lord you are safe my dear.... Our little Cricket is still just a chirpin!!

(btw... I have just always liked  your username and now that I know you're from around my favorite places... Well that makes it boucoup betta)

Ice

(02-24-2016, 10:11 PM)Cricket Wrote:

Thank you guys for your prayers. It did the trick  Smile

Luv ya  Heart

Cricket
So glad you came out o.k. Cricket.  Scariest time I've had in travel in my RV was in an RV park in Sllidell, La.  I was parked.  Winds got high enough to lift three wheels up of the ground on one side of my rig for a moment.  Freaked the hell out of me  as I sat at my small dinette table hoping I wouldn't end up on my side.  Natural disasters like that--also been close to tornadoes in the Oklahoma panhandle--are the grand daddies of terrorists in history.  Be well, and again, happy you are o.k.
Spanky.