Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good Deeds Thread-Happy News Only, Please!
wow. that child noah has taken on a helluva harder life.  God bless him and his family.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

i find Noah's compassion much more interesting than the physical accomplishment......that's one helluva brother.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
I had to look this up. I was curious about the parents. The younger child, they said, recognizes his parents, but does a happy dance of moving arms and legs when his brother comes near. The news:

His determination didn’t surprise his parents, who said the brothers are inseparable.

"They have an amazing bond. They’re best friends and they do everything together," mom Alissa Aldrich told TODAY Parents. "The connection and the love that they share is truly unique."

“I like everything about him, he's perfect," Noah told NBC News affiliate KTVB in Boise, Idaho, about Lucas. The boys watch cartoons together and go on walks and bike rides, with Noah pushing and pulling Lucas in a special buggy.

Meanwhile, Lucas loved the whole experience.

"When we got him out of the water, he had the biggest grin that you would have ever seen (and) I know he enjoyed the bike and the run," his mom said.

"Our goal with the whole thing was just to have fun. You can live life without limits."

As Noah crossed the finish line to applause, the race announcer had just one word: “Extraordinary.” Noah's family thinks so, too.

I wouldn't have finished the triatholon, myself. Angel
MILAN - The Italian coast guard has rescued and revived a kitten that was drowning by using massage and mouth-to-mouth, after children on shore drew attention to its plight.

A sailor jumped in the sea to rescue the cat, which was floating apparently lifeless in the water, as the coast guard ship entered the Sicilian port of Marsala after a patrol mission.

A video released Friday showed crew members administering mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and massaging the kitten to remove water from its lungs. They encouraged it: "Breathe, breathe. Wake up" and after a few minutes the kitten emitted a few weak "meows."

A veterinarian on shore says the kitten is now in good health. He has been given a home at the Marsala maritime district office and has been named Charlie.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/italian-sail...ve-kitten/

LITTLE MERCIES, WE CALL THEM.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dog-...3164c1dd3d

GOOD NEWS
Heroic Dog Saves Life Of Boy Stranded In Sierra Madre Mountains
The lab didn’t leave his side for two straight days.
08/01/2016 01:50 pm ET

David Moye
Reporter, The Huffington Post

PROTECCION CIVIL GALEANA/FACEBOOK
It’s a plot straight out of the old “Lassie” TV show: A 14-year-old gets lost in the woods, only to be rescued by a kind dog.

In this case, the doggie rescuer wasn’t a collie, but a labrador named Max.

Juan Heriberto Trevino of Galeana, Mexico, was at a summer camp in the Sierra Madre Oriental mountain range last month when he went off to get some firewood, according to TheDodo.com.

While gathering the wood, Trevino slipped down into a ravine, collided with a tree and fell down further into a dry riverbed, according to Notocieros Televisa, a Spanish-language website.

Trevino was lost, but not alone.

Max, a camp mascot of sorts, had followed the teen on his firewood run. The dog didn’t leave the boy until they were rescued more than 40 hours later.

The part of the mountain where Trevino and Max were is a very easy place to get lost, according to Martin Castillo, deputy director of the local police.

“It’s very cold at night as it is very high. The child was lucky to find the dog,” he told Mexnoticias.

Max also led the boy to a puddle with water they could drink to stay hydrated, Castillo said.

The two walked on the ravine floor until they became fatigued. Nearly two days later, they managed to find a cabin. The inhabitants helped them until a rescue crew could arrive.

Other than being malnourished and very tired, the boy was stable physically, officials said.

Trevino is now back with his family. Although he hoped to adopt Max, the heroic labrador already has an owner.

[Image: The-importance-of-donating-organs%E2%80%A6.jpg]
[Image: a.jpg]
just simply look and recognize the goodness in those two helpers' faces.

you are what you eat.....and you are what you do....
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
Oh willie good find, on people helping people. 

Good stuff..

You know if I am not mistaken hasn't Our very own IceWizard mentioned that Ice  participates in this group.
Helping people that Need It for free.

As I recall he has....