Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Hospital in NJ to end opioid use for pain? WT??
This makes me so angry. 
http://pix11.com/2016/03/28/new-jersey-h...inkillers/

It's coming, people. States are going to offer grants to docs who prescribe "less" opiods to patients. I say, stock up if you need them, because they are going to get harder and harder to get unless you are a cancer patient.

It's coming, people. States are going to offer grants to docs who prescribe "less" opioids to patients. I say, stock up if you need them, because they are going to get harder and harder to get unless you are a cancer patient.

Wow... And Wow again! ...

Seems to me, a common person, that whether or not they give me "something" for my pain, I will seek out the mean to an end, by finding ANYTHING that relieves my pain...

Having said that, they cannot legislate peoples pain away... If they do not help, then they will be by-passed...

Maybe they have given these out to folks that don't really need them .. And that's my fault? Why?

I don't see how they can group everybodies ailments into one catagory like this...

This just chaps my .... Hide!!

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I'd like to know HOW they plan on treating pain, then? Ice?! (Not you, Ice Wizard, Real ICE. )

I hope so, Audrey. I'd hate for this to be the new trend.

Thanks for that REV. 

Unfortunately it's the bureaucracies looking for a quick fix.  And we are it.  Just yesterday it seems, Mary Jane was the definitive gateway to opioid dependency.  Now it's rx pks.  All the gang bangers are apparently raiding their parents medicine cabinets and overnight graduating to street crimes to support their habits.  I don't think so. 

It's the new boogie man, and politicians are waking up to a real drug problem, and dealing with it in a political, not social, manner.  I think Rev is right, they will soon be rewarding docs who refuse to prescribe needed meds, and feet to the fire to those who do.  It bleeds seamlessly into a moral issue, where those not in need legislate for abstinence in the name of a better world. 

There seems to be no balance in this issue.  Turn of the century coke was in Coke and Dr. Pepper and you could order you hypodermic outfit from a Sears catalog.  Now, I am sent home from oral surgery with  scrip that says take two every four hours for pain, but the bottle only has fifteen pills.  Soon you will be sent home with a sterilized strip of rawhide to bite down on.  To object is to brand yourself as a junkie pariah.  We have become the evil pinball, and docs the hapless bumpers that reflexively repel you. 

The tried the same with alcohol as I recall.  The result was not what the government expected.  I hope Audrey Hepburn is correct, but fear that bit of ethical clarification will be lost in the snowball that's bearing down.  Cottage pharma industries will proliferate, drug sniffing do-gooders will stand tall and righteous, and my mouth still hurts. 

Spanky
(03-30-2016, 06:00 PM)Revolution Wrote: I'd like to know HOW they plan on treating pain, then? Ice?! (Not you, Ice Wizard, Real ICE. )

They'll probably bust out the Advil. Yeah, like that's gonna be sooo helpful. Advil might be good for some pain, but do nothing for the kind of pain we suffer with. I guess most of us have already been told by doctors to use Advil, but if that worked we wouldn't have to be on these strong pain meds.

This new crap, yes CRAP, on the treatment of people in legit pain is gonna be horrible to say the least. I'm afraid that when people can't get help for pain they will either turn to street drugs or commit suicide. They leave us no other choice.

Tighten your seat belts and put on a raincoat or something cause the shite is hitting the fan. Angry